Thread: My kindle is losing battery in 2 days

My kindle is losing battery in 2 days

I am having the problem with my Kindle. The problem is that the battery is not taking charge for more than two days. This is very disappointing for me. So I am just wondering that how can I get this problem resolved. I bought that new and was not expecting this behavior from it. If someone can suggest me any solution for this then I will really appreciate that. I hope that I will get some replies soon on this. Thank you so much in advance for replying.

Re: My kindle is losing battery in 2 days

I am having the problem with my Kindle. The problem is that the battery is not taking charge for more than two days. This is very disappointing for me. So I am just wondering that how can I get this problem resolved. I bought that new and was not expecting this behavior from it. If someone can suggest me any solution for this then I will really appreciate that. I hope that I will get some replies soon on this. Thank you so much in advance for replying.

This is definitely the problem with the battery that you are having in your kindle. So the best thing will be to contact the KINDLE customer service and ask them for the same. They will let you know that what is the problem with that and how that can be resolved. If that is under warranty then you will not have to worry about that. They will replace the battery. They are very good in the customer service.

Did you newly download a few books which are causing the indexing to get stuck? Mine usually goes 3 weeks or so between charges, but a couple months back I bought a few books that seemed to get the indexing process all bound up and the battery drained in just a couple of days. Do a search for a nonsense word and see if any books turn up as 'not yet indexed'. I am not sure of the exact phrase the kindle uses but I hope that you get the point.

First of all check to be make sure that there aren't any books stuck within the index process. That can actually eat up your battery. From the home page type a nonsense string and click to search. You will get a response of how many items are not indexed. If it's more than 0, click the link to see the list. Any titles you see that are grayed out are 'in process'. Try the same thing in about an hour. You should have a smaller number now. If you don't, the grayed out title is corrupted somehow and won't index. Go back to the home page and delete it. Try the search again until it shows that there's nothing left to index.

I generally start with a soft restart from the home page:* menu > settings > menu > restart.* But if that doesn't work you can do a hard restart by holding the slider switch for the 30-40 seconds required for it to restart.* Often that will clear out any gremlins. If everything is properly indexed, it's had a restart, and it does seem to charge just fine but then still drains really fast, again Kindle Customer Support is your best bet.* You might have a short somewhere.* They'll replace the improperly functioning unit usually sending out the replacement before you have to send in the old one.

I tried to load with a load of the wall from the iPhone (wth USB connection) and the USB cable from Kindle. The yellow light was on and not anything else. Subsequent to 30 minutes or so the light off and it was every time Replugged cable, the monitor was the identical with the same words. Connect to my PC had the same effect - the yellow light for 30 minutes. Hard reset does not work, just nothing. Then I read the method restart during the load. Nothing new, but after a couple of minutes the signal that something was connected to my PC and saw the issue appeared Kindle in "My Computer".

I tried to load with a load of the wall from the iPhone (wth USB connection) and the USB cable from Kindle. The yellow light was on and not anything else. Subsequent to 30 minutes or so the light off and it was every time Replugged cable, the monitor was the identical with the same words. Connect to my PC had the same effect - the yellow light for 30 minutes. Hard reset does not work, just nothing. Then I read the method restart during the load. Nothing new, but after a couple of minutes the signal that something was connected to my PC and saw the issue appeared Kindle in "My Computer".