Thread: How to find ringtones stored on my SD card in LG Optimus T?

How to find ringtones stored on my SD card in LG Optimus T?

I am having LG Optimus T and also have stored ringtones on my SD card. I am trying to set the ringtone for my phone and I am not able to find it out in my SD card. I have searched for the ringtones that I have stored in my SD card but it is not found there and also not in the files where I have stored. Can anyone help me out to find these files that I have stored in my SD card so that I can use it as my ringtone?

Re: How to find ringtones stored on my SD card in LG Optimus T?

If you don’t find the ringtone files stored on the SD card then you can try to make a separate folder for your ringtones and store all the ringtone files in that folder rather than keep in along with the music files. You can save the ringtone files in the mp3 or any other format that you can in the ringtones folder. Once you create a folder, this will help you to use the ringtone directly from the ringtones folder. Creating a separate folder for music and also for the ringtone really helped me out.

I think you need to connect your SD card to the computer and then check for the files that you are searching for. Once you see the files you can copy those files from that folder and then paste it to the desired destination folder. After that remove the SD card from your computer and then put it back in your phone. If you have placed the files in the proper location then you should be able to find out the files and then set them as a ringtone.

Are you sure that you saved all the files in the memory card and not in the phone memory? Because if you have not put it in the correct place then, you might not be able to find out the files that you are searching for. Also see that you have correct format for the files that you are putting in the SD card which is compatible with your phone. Or else you can try finding your files in the music folder, as sometimes you might have placed it in the music folder.

Have checked for the files that are there in your memory card through connecting it to the PC? If NO, then you connect your SD card to the computer and then try finding it from there. Once you get the location, you can now go to that folder from your phone and then select the file for your ringtone. Also if you can see the files in the computer but not in the phone, then see that your files are not hidden. If it is so, then unhide the files and then check it out in your phone.

You should see to it that you have file of less than 300KB for your ringtone. If it is so, then it will be appearing in the requested folder. I have edited my mp3 file with the Roxio RecordNow and made it to a playtime of just 32 seconds and also have lowered the quality of the file which made it to less than 300KB. After that I have added this file in the SD card in the ringtones folder and now I can find it out over there.

I have got it solved. That was a silly mistake that I had made. I saw that in my computer “Show hidden files and folders” was enabled and the files that I was searching for was hidden, and thus I was unable to find those files in my phone. So I made it unhide and now I am able to see the files that I kept in the music folder. Thanks to all you guys for your suggestions, it really helped me out.