Thread: How to disable 3G in LG Octane

How to disable 3G in LG Octane

Hey guys! I am having LG octane and I am staying in the area where, the network is very good. But I am seeing that, because of my 3G enabled in my phone I see that my battery gets drained very soon. Does anyone know how to disable the 3G on my phone? I have made a search on google and didn’t find the correct method to do it from the secret menu. I have never seen any such problem in any of my previous phones.

Re: How to disable 3G in LG Octane

I usually turn the 3G connection on my phone via the network settings that are present in the settings option. There must be some or the other option which will let you to disable the 3G in your phone. If you don’t find it, then you can do this with the following steps:
    ##5473784236368 - send
    3 - Field Test
    16 - Net Select
    1 - Mode Pref
    1x only
    For this you need to use the keys that are present inside the phone.

There is not a much difficult in turning of the 3G services from your phone. You can do this by going in the Phone application. There you need to dial *#*#INFO#*#*. After that you need to press the phone information. When you scroll down the list, you will find “Set preferred network type”. When you select the “CDMA auto (PRL)”, the list will pop up. From the list just select “CDMA only”. After that you can go to the Home screen by holding the home button.

I am also having a very limited plan for Data connection, so I wanted to be sure that I don’t get much bill due to my 3G data connection. So from somewhere I found out that there is a way that you can put your 3G to sleep. Also you can wake it when you wish to use it. To do so, you need to go into the settings and then select wireless and network. From there you will find out the Wi-Fi settings, select the setting once again in the bottom. Then go in the advanced and then select Wi-Fi sleep policy and then select never.

Yes that true about letting the Wi-Fi in the sleep policy to never. This will allow you to use the Wi-Fi always and never through 3G. Yes and it will also never let your battery to get it drained. I am sure about this method in the Wi-Fi area, but not completely sure about the area which does not have the Wi-Fi connection. But yes this is really working for me when I really don’t want to use my 3G, which uses out more data cost.

There are many people facing the same issue with the 3g which drains out the battery very much. So if you feel that you don’t want to use 3G, then you can use the Wi-Fi connection, which will not use much of your battery and will also help you to use the internet connection. So I think that you can go to the settings option and then select the connections and then in the Advanced, select the network and then select “my work network”, you can do this for both the work and the internet. This will enable your device not to use the GPRS connection.

Thank you guys, for all your suggestions, I have finally got it solved. I just turned the Wi-Fi sleep policy to never. From then, my phone is not using 3G service, instead it is using the Wi-Fi service. And I also found that now my battery is not getting drained out much. So I am now happy with using the Wi-Fi service for my phone