Thread: spelling mistakes in Kindle Books

spelling mistakes in Kindle Books

As I have been an avid book reader , i keep on reading books in past time while I am travelling in train , or just travelling , or even at time when I get bored , so reading book is the second most important thing that I constantly do but recently after the launch of the kindle book by Amazon I thought that this is the one that is made for me , so I purchased one but since I have been reading book on this I found lots of spelling mistakes in this does anyone know how to fix this problem .

Re: spelling mistakes in Kindle Books

I think that is widely recognized problem there are many people who are facing a similar problem I think then there are many people who are facing this problem but I think there is no solution to this as there are many people who are aware of this and they just want to get rid from this but somehow the company does not have any solution for this so we are left helpless here are there are no one to help us out.But atleast we need not carry the heavy books with us .

Yah that ‘s is pretty annoying when you see the error that are highlighted in red or maroon color which makes the page look like a piece of crap, I wish there was a option in the Amazon kindle to turn off the auto –checking option . As we have in the Microsoft word about turning off the error in the word document that we are viewing so there won’t be this highlight that I see when viewing the document or the pages of the book that I am viewing.

I think we have a way here , instead of complaining about the error that we are having we should take the flag in our hand, Here is what I am doing I have read somewhere around half a dozen book s and all of them seemed to have some spell mistake so I traced the e-mail of the author that is usually at the end of the book that we use and then send a notification to them about the spelling mistake they had in their book so that would in turn make the publisher go the office and then get the error rectified .

I don‘t think that is the error that are caused by the publisher who are using this book, this is more like an OMR error that is usually caused when we read the books. This is a limitation of the OCR software as they scan the whole book and then they just upload them on the internet so that the kindle box user can enjoy reading it and as this error often goes without notice as the employee think that the copy that we are using are just the same that we get when we purchase the hard copy. So just don‘t out your blame to other s this is a technical mistake that is caused by the software.

I myself have read around 30 book s approx by this time out of which 2 to 3 were just un –readable but I think that those were the formatting error that made this book unreadable , before you say that the book may be in different language I need to tell you that I already have checked this problem but I think it would be very nice to see if the books that we are desperate to read have least amount of the typo errors so the people keep using this keep practicing the Amazon.

I think can improve this by supporting to the company by suggest them want we feel, there is an option at the last page of the book any suggestion or a feedback, this are the ones that are normally blue color and they need an ASCII number, or ISPN number to entered while giving the feedback, so that would be great to use send the Books ISP number so that they could then re-view it and correct the error back. This would them know about the mistakes and then they can use this for the betterment of the services.