Thread: Unable to delete apps from LG Cosmos Touch

Unable to delete apps from LG Cosmos Touch

I have been facing this serious problem in my LG Cosmos touch mobile phone. Recently, while trying to delete an application from my device, I was unable to do so. Few applications have been forcing my mobile to automatically update itself thus draining my entire battery power to a considerable amount. But when I am trying to remove the application from my mobile, I am unable to do so. The application which I am trying to uninstall is Backup Assitant and Daily Scoop.Please help me by replying your suggestions to me. Your help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Unable to delete apps from LG Cosmos Touch

I am not sure whether this suggestion would actually help you solve the issue, but I would definitely suggest you to give it a shot. What you need to do is to activate the data long enough to go into the Daily Scoop application. You need to do this if you find that the data is block in your Verizon account. This can be a little hectic issue to do, but I find this as the only solution which would help for you to solve your problem and make it possible for you to disable the following issue in your mobile phone.

Following are the steps, which can help you to disable the Daily Scoop application from your Mobile phone.
    • Start Daily Scoop application.
    • Now go to the following path: Menu > Options > Verizon Messages
    • Select “Off” option and save the changed which you have made.
    • You need to follow the same steps for Menu > Options >Bonus Messages

Thank you, guys, for the suggested solution and step by step explanation to solve the issue. I followed the steps as you have mentioned and luckily it did worked for me. It helped me solve the issue with the Daily Scoop application installed in your mobile phone. But the trick did not worked for another application. Also, I am having this issue with my mobile. I am mostly getting the “Message cannot be displayed” error message whenever I am receiving SMS which has got more than 160 characters. What should I do guys. Please reply and help.

You might be having data plan activated in your mobile phone and that is why your mobile phone’s application are trying to update the system and themselves continuously and thus draining the battery power of your mobile phone. So, in this case I would suggest you to deactivate or unsubscribe the data plan from the Daily Scoop. Disabling the data plan will automatically resolve the issue and won’t allow the applications to go search for updates.

You need to update the firmware currently installed on your LG Cosmos Touch. It might be possible that the issue is occurring because your mobile phone has got an earlier version of the firmware installed in it. So, in this case, you need to connect you mobile phone to your computer which has got LG PC Suite installed in it and look upon for the latest firmware update available for your mobile on Internet. Make sure that the battery of your mobile is fully charged, before you are trying to update the firmware.

If I would have gone through anything like this, then I would have preferred taking help from professionals rather then experimenting myself. It is much better to do so than ending up creating more troubles for our self and our mobile phone. So, I would highly recommend you to contact some professional who has a good knowledge about the mobiles especially LG mobile phones. The best option will be to visit the LG Store or any other authorized store of LG mobile.