Thread: Can we update Android 2.2 to 2.3 in LG P970?

Can we update Android 2.2 to 2.3 in LG P970?

Hi guys, last month I purchase LG P970 mobile phone for myself. The mobile phone is currently running Android 2.2 Froyo Operating System in it. I find the mobile to be extremely good. But I have come across some news about the new android 2.3 gingerbread. So, just out of curiosity I wanted to know, whether it is possible to update the Android 2.2 installed in my LG P970 smartphone to Android 2.3- Gingerbread? Please help me regarding the issue.

Re: Can we update Android 2.2 to 2.3 in LG P970?

I am not sure whether Gingerbread is made available with the LG P970 mobile phone. But as the Gingerbread is the latest available OS for the Android mobile, most probably there are high chances that LG P970 Smartphone will be getting the Gingerbread support for itself. If this news comes to be true, then it is for sure that the looks and the performance of the LG P970 mobile phone will be increasing to a considerable amount.

There is no official news yet about the availability of Android 2.3 Gingerbread being made available for the LG P970 cellphone. It might be still under the developmental phase, so nothing is made official about the availability of the Gingerbread Operating System for your particular mobile. So, in this case, the best suggestion that I could give you is to wait for the official news to get announced and then plan out for any kind of updating.

You should make sure that whether you mobile is compatible with the new Gingerbread Operating System. You can get the necessary information regarding your query from any LG store near to your location. So, I would recommend you to visit the Mobile store in the nearest area which is an authorized dealer of LG mobiles and ask the officials about this matter. No one other then the LG officials will be having more detailed information about the issue.

According to me you should visit the official website of LG mobile of your particular regional location and search for the news about the new Android 2.3 gingerbread being made available to the LG P970 Smartphone. The official website is one place where you will be getting the correct and the most accurate information regarding the update available for the LG P970 mobile phone. The officials will provide you the latest news about the availability of the updates.

You must wait for the officials to announce whether the Android 2.3 update is available for your LG P970 mobile phone or not. You can even search for the following news on the official website of Android and check whether they are planning to announce any new update for LG P970 mobile phone in near future or not. Unless both LG officials and the Android officials agree, nothing can be finalized. All we can do is hope for the launch of the new OS.

Thank you, everyone for sharing your knowledge with me. I am really touched and seriously appreciate each and every person’s time and efforts which they spend on me and my issue by taking time to reply to the post. I also feel that rather then believing in any random news, I should rather wait for the officials to release any news about the updates available for my the LG P970 Smartphone. It would much better. Just hoping that LG officials release the new OS for my mobile in the near future