Thread: Unable to install Android 2.2.2- Froyo update in LG Optimus

Unable to install Android 2.2.2- Froyo update in LG Optimus

I bought my LG Optimus mobile phone one month ago and recently came across the news that the new update of Android 2.2.2 – Froyo is available for my mobile phone. They have claimed to improve the performance of the battery in this update. So, I also wanted to get this new update for my mobile phone. But when I am trying to get the following update for my mobile phone, I am unable to get it. I am trying to update using my computer which is running Windows XP Operating System installed in it. Please if anyone has got any information regarding the issue, then please reply back.

Re: Unable to install Android 2.2.2- Froyo update in LG Optimus

You need to install PC Suite for your LG mobile phone in your computer. sUnless an until you install the PC suite for LG mobiles, your LG Optimus won’t be detected by your computer. And evern if it gets detected, it will be only in the Mass Storage Mode. So, I would recommend you to use the original CD of LG PC Suite, which was provide along with the mobile phone at the time of purchase. Insert the following CD in your DVD/CD Drive and install the software in your computer.

If you are unable to find the PC Suite for your respective mobile phone then you should search for the same on Internet and download it in your computer system. Make sure that you are downloading the PC Suite for your Windows XP running system and not for any other OS. Once you have downloaded the following PC Suite for your LG mobile, install it in your system. Whenever the system prompts to connect your device, please make sure that your are doing the same.

Thank you, everyone for the reply. I have already installed the LG PC Suite in my computer, but still I am unable to detect the LG Optimus mobile phone. I installed the PC Suite many times in my system but still I am unable to detect my device. Does anyone know why is this happening? Is there any other alternative way to install the latest Android 2.2.2 –Froyo updates in my mobile phone? Any kind of help will be appreciated.

You might have not installed the working and proper version of LG PC Suite in your Windows XP running system. So, you should install the PC suite from some trusted website only. For good, I would suggest you to download the PC Suite from the official website of LG mobile phone. Install this original PC Suite and try out whether now you are able to connect your LG mobile to the computer.

According to me the issue might also occur if you are connecting your LG Optimus mobile phone in some USB port which is not working. So, you should probably try to connect the device in some another USB Port in your computer. Also make sure that you have installed all the necessary drivers in your computer which are responsible for the smooth and correct functioning of the USB ports.

You probably need to visit the nearest LG Customer Care Center and ask the technician present over there to install the updates of Android 2.2 froyo. Those technically sound people will be helping you in the most efficient way as they have a thorough knowledge about this thing. So, you should locate the LG Store in your nearby area and submit your mobile phone and get it checked by the professionals.