Thread: Transcend external hard drive StoreJet not detected

Transcend external hard drive StoreJet not detected

Hi
    I have a Transcend external hard drive StoreJet 500 GB. When I plug the cable to my laptops (2 different one) the light doesn't turn on and when I try to keep the wire and push it to the pluging parts the light turns one and I can hear the sound of the driver but I can't see the hard drive in my computer (windows) or in desktop of mac. Do you have any idea?

Re: Transcend external hard drive StoreJet not detected

Can you try to go to device manager under windows and click on universal seriel bus controller and then uninstall every thing you got under it by right clicking on it. Now connect your storejet and select scan for hardware changes under device management and check if your Transcend StoreJet external hard drive is working properly again or not.

Recently got this on my new Kingston 32GB Pen drive. It is a new drive but after connecting that to the system it is not at all detecting. I am not getting anything in my computer. I tried updating the drivers and still it fail to work. Later on I went in to Disk Management where I can find the pen drive connected. I assigned a drive letter by right clicking on the same and it was then visible in My Computer. The drive started working. So in your case also you will have to assign a drive letter due to which it remains undetected. Go in Disk Management and test back.

Do you have a spare cable with you. You can try checking with that. Most of drive light blinks when any activity is in the background. And most of them just remain turn off. It is better to checkout a new cable for the drive. Second thing just hold the drive tough and see whether it is vibrating or not. If it is then the drive is getting power and if not then you had got a dead drive. You will have to get a replacement of the same. When the light turns on it means the drive is getting power and it will get detected.I think you had bought a damage product.