Thread: how to fix lens error on cannon g9

how to fix lens error on cannon g9

I have just returned from my trip to south island in new Zealand as I must admit that the kiwis are the best at outdoor sports and that the natural and the beauty of south island is wonderful but ever since I came back to my home town I have been facing a problem with this as my camera is reporting an lens error, I don; t know what is causing this as the lens have retracted back to their original position , I am using a cannon s95

Re: how to fix lens error on cannon g9

IS your camera still under the warranty , just check that out , if so then this would be of great help as the company fixes such problem and issues for free , if and only if it is still in warranty and it does not have an broken parts more on this is more easy going that if you stay in usa then you can easily find a service center for it .or just in case the service center is too far or you don ‘t have enough time to go there then just visit the cannon official site and check for it an online estimate for the repairs .

I think is a problem or more possibly a bug that is introduced in to your camera due to improper lens fitting that was done on our phone so I think that it would be done for free even if it is out of warranty. I have read on one of the forums were a guys whose s95 had the same problem as yours and he went to the cannon service center and his problem was fixed for free without charging him anything extra for the service as that was a known bug .

IF that is problem that is caused to you the movement you turn on the camera and then try to zoon on a particular thing then that is the problem that is caused by the short circuit board, Remember that you went to south island which might have caught moisture in the camera and then when you place that in the your bag that might have just got converted in water and that may have short circuited the camera circuit,

I would suggest you that you should remove the battery and then clean it properly and the n leave your camera to dry in open after that just place that on some place where it may dry slowly , after that charge the battery that you have just removed , charge it to the fullest strength and after the camera dries just put back the battery in that once again and then try it as then it might just work for you . I did the same thing with my cannon power shot s1 and that worked for me hope it works for you also.

I strongly suggest you to remove the battery memory card and then take a record of the cannonRMA number and them pack all these in a box and then post it a cannon service center as that might just help you as I try out unknown the method would just make your problem fo worse and that might just increase your problem, so surrounding that to the official cannon technician would be a better and a safer idea.

I think that it was a problem that was more of the problem that was caused due to the lens that was struck out , there are other user that you complained about the same problem so I think that it is more on a bugs that is been embedded the camera that we are using , So I am probably betting on to get this camera fixed for free from cannon customer service as my camera is am still in warranty ,I am only been to solve my problem just because of your guys or else I may never be able to fix this problem .thanks for the replies .