Thread: Service announcement for canon powershot models

Service announcement for canon powershot models

If this occurs, the signal is not output from the CCD usually in Shooting Mode, which will be able to reason a distorted image or no image. This breakdown can be long-established on the LCD during shooting. The malfunctions exposed in the recorded representation. With immediate result of cannon announced that apart from of warranty status, Canon will resolve patch up, free of charge, the products shown over mentioned stop working if Canon resolves the break down is caused by the CCD picture sensor. Canon will also wrap shipping and conduct in connection with this patch up. Subsequent are the cameras and camcorder is affected.
    • Camcorders: ZR60, ZR65 MC, ZR70 MC, ZR80, ZR85, ZR90, ELURA 40 MC, ELURA 50
    • Digital Cameras A60, A70, A75, A300, A310, S230, SD100, SD110, A40, A80, A85, A95, S1 IS, S60, S200, S330, S400, S410, S500

Re: Service announcement for canon powershot models

Wow - that's a lot of models that may be affected. That said, it is important to note that this is not unavoidably going to occur if you have one of the cameras on that list. On the other hand, if the worst were to happen to their CCD Canon offer a free repair in spite of warranty status - so it is for the consumer. The majority if not all of the affected CCDs were manufactured by Sony; it actually seems to have had a sweltering time of it lately. This difficulty was first, followed.

And it's one of the affected models on the list? If you are not showing symptoms (IIRC, color saturation, and lines on the playback screen, not the captured image), then why bother? According to this canon will fix it if the warranty ran out or not. If it is one of the models on the list but is showing symptoms, you may not only have enough data points to determine whether this model is affected, so that got is a good opportunity to take charge of it.

It is a S500 and has curly lines and deformation on the LCD and the color is from time to time. His "test" was when he turned black to bright light, but if they most recent long enough not to be black. It's not just the LCD the pictures come out too bad lines very grainy and I do not think the grain is to me. I am anxious since I'm not in the U.S. and is a tad more of a task for me is approaching to the U.S. to be sent to them so they can observe if they will repair and decide whether to pay to fix it if it is not enclosed by this notice and in any case expected to return.

Hello, my camera seems to be having the exact same difficulty. I have a Canon SD100 Powershot, and I live in a very high heat and moisture part of the Dubai. Anyhow, I called up Canon, explained that I seemed to enclose a awful CCD, and they said they'd fix it for me. No influence, just "ok, go ahead and send it to us." They were actually pleasant about it on the phone. yy, thanks so much for posting the Service Notice. I didn't find out about it by looking through the Canon website, other than when I goggled the difficulty, your post approach up. If not for your redistribution, I wouldn't have recognized that Canon was fixing this difficulty for free!

Very happy I establish this forum and this exacting issue! My A300 fewer than two years begin broken at all a month or so ago - the images on the LCD screen are very furry / grain / unclear, and so are the pictures you take. I also live in a part of far above the ground clamminess / high heat of the country, so still if I take good care of my camera, was still affected by this problem. Incidentally, I just called the 1-800 numbers and got a message saying the office is "temporarily closed due to technical difficulties.

Got my camera back in a very timely manner, and the LCD problem is fixed but it won't save the date/time info, and it seems to take longer to focal point, and it makes a few small noise that it didn't make earlier than. I replaced the lithium battery, hoping this would at least solve the date/time problem, but that has had no effect -- according to the grapevine it's another issue, and not just a matter of the battery being dead.I haven't contacted Canon about this yet -- but when I do, I hope they'll take care of it!

I sent my A70 repair in the UK following contacting the accuse from side to side the website of the UK. He ordered me to take one of their official repairs and said the repair would take about 4weeks. After 3 weeks the camera I was told they were in the making for the fraction of the canon and had no idea when they arrive.15 weeks later, just previous to Christmas and I contacted the shop to inquire if there was any chance I would get my camera before Christmas. They emailed back saying that the canon does not supply the necessary spare part and as such I had certified a substitute camera. A small number of days before Christmas I received my replacement