Thread: Xbox: can a game be played by a copied DVD without installing mod chip?

Xbox: can a game be played by a copied DVD without installing mod chip?

Guys I have a question about an Xbox, I have got a new Xbox and I don’t know much about this so I need a help regarding Xbox and I want to know can I play a game by a copied CD on Xbox and if yes can I play it without any mod chip been installed? One of my friends has suggested me that I can so is that true? Please suggest me something regarding this I want to know is as soon as possible and I hope someone would be helping me quickly?

re: Xbox: can a game be played by a copied DVD without installing mod chip?

Well I have been facing the same problem sometime ago and I have found out that, you can’t play a game by a copied DVD in Xbox and if even somehow you are able to do it then you can’t do it without the Mod chip. You need Mod chip to play the game with the DVD . I have tried doing this without Mod chip and I wasn’t successes so I think this don’t works and you need to have a mod chip in your Xbox and other than that it is a very rare chance that a copied disk would be working in it.

Depends on your Xbox media works best. Overall, no matter which unit is used to record the games. You may be knowing that there are three type of DVD-Rom in Xbox and this reading of copied CD depends on this DVD-Rom, there are Samsung, Philips, Thomson and Sony and this depends on all of these as I have heard that Thomson has the worst rating in reading the copied file and I think I am right because I have friends who had Xbox and both of them had different drive and had different problem like the guy who had the Thomson Drive was never able to run the Disk which is copied and the other guy who had the Samsung drive he was able to play the game so I think it depends upon the Drive itself.

Guys I have a bit of knowledge about this and would like to share its like I know that Philips drive can read DVD-R and DVD+R media disk and the Samsung drive can read DVD-r, CD-R, DVD-RW and DVD+RW and this means that the Samsung has the most capability of running the low quality of disk to so I think this would be the best choice between and I don’t have much idea about Thomson but I have heared to that its very tuff to run a CD which is a copied disk with Thompson they aren’t able to run the low quality Disk.

I think this is not possible any how if this would have been possible no one would have tend to buy the CD or new DVD for any game every one would keep using the copy on game and there would be no marketing for this original game CD so I think they have something in there Xbox that they cant play the copy CD on any cost so I think it’s not possible and then I don’t need to answer you next question that you need a mod or no off course u do need them, Now best of lucky and enjoy the Xbox.

Re: Xbox: can a game be played by a copied DVD without installing mod chip?

Nope dude its almost impossible to run the DVD without mod chip i think as i have had some attempt regarding and i have failed so i think it's impossible and well i have tried to run some copied disk to but it wasn't possible to i don't know how to make it possible but i think its really a tough task to run the copied DVD in ps3 and i think this is true to it depends on the Quality or DVD and the DVD reader try it once and see is your reader able to run or no lets hope the best.