Thread: Comparison between RAW and JPEG in Canon S95

Comparison between RAW and JPEG in Canon S95

My dad just gifted me a camera which is made by cannon is numbered a version named s95 which appears to be a good one as my dad is a photographer and wishes me also to be one when I complete my studies but as this is a professional one , I mean an sophisticated one I have been having a problem with this as there aren’t any other problem with this other than the image processing system that this camera has when I click some photos that camera stores two images with a different extension one with a raw extension and other with a keep extension any help regarding this as I don ‘t want to ask my dad about this as I want to lean things by myself

Re: Comparison between RAW and JPEG in Canon S95

As I have been using this since long and it is very great to hear that you want to stand on your own legs with any support from your dad, but you haven‘t explained your question properly here what do you exactly want from us here,do you want to which image to keep or what are the extension that you are getting ,( I understand that from the question that you have asked above ) jusr jusr buzz me back be what exactly do you want

I just want to know what are raw images and what are they used for , other than this I also have a jpeg extension of the same image that I have before , above that I cannot use that image on the system that I am using despite using an appropriate image viewer that I am using , I have never heard about raw image before and this image when viewed on my cell phone I am able to view it but when placed on pc I am not been able to view it .

To the things that you are asking above have a deeper explanation and for that I may need to write for 1 day at a stretch just to get you clear with the basics and another one day for telling you the advanced parts of this image processing system but , in short I can explain that you In very simple way , there are many camera that have now come up with the idea of raw , this raw images is not an image until it is been processed it is just a view that the camera record s , for normal user ‘s it is generally meant to be discarded while for expert it is of great help , the other jpeg image is on the other hand a processed image .

If you try out things than that would be real difficult for someone without a photography back ground , but the raw images are always created in your camera when you shoot a photo , but they then are immediately converted into a jpeg format as that is want we call a processed image this is all done with the help of an image processing software that built on the hardware of the camera that you are using , so if you want to learn some new things then go with the raw image anf try out some experiments on that one .

a number of cameras contain a handy raw + JPG mode which set aside together the raw image and the JPG image together you camera is one of them Raw is unnecessarily tiresome if you be capable of get the accurate image to start with. Raw at all times necessitate additional steps to development from the camera into a functional format, the files be able to only be unlock with extremely special software, necessitate far further more time for the whole thing and consequently leisurely workflows. In reality, raw is not some class of a standard format.

Numerous people who shoot raw, which I believe to be a gigantic squander of time, they do not understand that pallid balance can be attuned in Photoshop even from JPGs image that they get. You might have a preference one or the supplementary. If you do not like the in-camera alternative, shoot unsharpened JPGs in addition to hone in another place. similarly, if you set the incorrect white balance or underexposed you can for all time correct it afterward by means of software tools , for instance, consider Photoshop's Levels, Curves and/or Color Balance skin texture, amongst others

After reading all your suggestion I came to know that the only thing that is better about hr jpeg is that we can transfer them just as they are , more I also got to know that they are been processed images of the raw image that are there. But I also got to know that the part of the decision also lies in the software that you use , or else, you be capable of do whatever thing with raw so as to the camera is previously doing with jpg.