Thread: Need recommendation for building portable PC

Need recommendation for building portable PC

Hi, I am planning to build a portable PC with the capability of having this mentioned configuration,

- I5 processor
    - Motherboard with built in graphics
    - Capability to run windows 7
    - For playing games.

My budget is around 40K, is it better, or I have to pay more? Need recommendation. Thanks.

Re: Need recommendation for building portable PC

I am wondering as you need a PC, because there are too many devices that works same as a PC, and off course they are portable too, like the IPADS and the tablets, so according to me you should get that also rather than whatever you are expecting, because though you got such a PC and though it is small enough to move, but you’ll have problem with it, and after all if you compare it with this tablet PC’s they are too traditional, rather tablets are modern.

Yeah I would also have the same opinion as the above user, as if you want to have the machine that you can easily move them what’s the problem having the tablet, but if suppose you have decided to have machine only, then you should prefer the models from the IBM, because as far as I know they are the only brand who makes such a computers. If you visit their website, you’ll get too many models with dissimilar configurations.

While buying such a machine you should consider the Cubic cases rather than the Tower cases because they afterwards creates problem in the transportation. And I would say as the days of punch cards have disappeared, the majorly all computers are portable, more or less. And that doesn’t matter which configuration you put inside, because it is all the case that matters, if you purchase a tower case then off course that you cannot say that this is the portable one.

While buying such a machine you should consider the Cubic cases rather than the Tower cases because they afterwards creates problem in the transportation. And I would say as the days of punch cards have disappeared, the majorly all computers are portable, more or less. And that doesn’t matter which configuration you put inside, because it is all the case that matters, if you purchase a tower case then off course that you cannot say that this is the portable one.

If you are not interested in overclocking, you should get the one of these motherboard such as H67 or Z68 1155 mATX, because first of all they are small in the size to fit in the case and most importantly you’ll get on board HD 2000 graphics. in this aspect the best option would be to get the Shuttle barebones computer, because they are small in size and after getting it you simply put any hardware that you want. you can simply visit their website also for different models.

Have you ever seen the triton series computers? You should check that as they are designed to carry wherever we want. and along with this you can also search for the appolo, or the Zeus series computers. But my recommendation is still bit difference as you should get the machine from the commander series, because they are very powerful machine with compare to the mentioned one.