Thread: How to change icon or folder icon in Android

How to change icon or folder icon in Android

My dad recently gifted me a Smartphone when I scored 94.34% in SSC and I am feeling lucky to get this phone. And the operating system I am having in the Smartphone is an Android operating system. I am having some minor problem in the Smartphone and the problem is that I was not able to change the icons on the home screen and one more problem is that I was also not able to change the icons that we have to put into the folder. I want to customize the folder icon. How to change the folder icon in my android phone? Thanking all in advanced for helping me.

Re: How to change icon or folder icon in Android

You have to first download the folder organizer application. You can download it from the android market which is in your Smartphone. Then you have to click on the application tab which is located at the top of the folder organizer application and then you have to click on the little option button you can find this option to a downwards pointing triangle to the right of the application name. And this will be for each of the application. And in that application there is an option of changing the icon of the folder. This will definitely help you.

I think the android folder option is the default folder icon which is having a ugly plain looking manila box. There are several icons through which you can change the folder icon but the one I would like to recommend you are the folder organizer. I want to tell you that the folder organizer is not allowing to change the folder icon of the android phone but this allows only built a new customize folders that are replacing the original one. Firstly you have to download the application from the android market and then install it and then you can customize your own icon.

You can go with the folder organizer application you can get this application from the android market and I think that you can easily install it from the android market then open the application tab and then firstly click on the tab of “labels” and after that the folder will be displayed on the screen and then you have to tap on the “menu” option and then you have to create a new menu, and then you can name it whatever you want to name it. And then you have to find the folder in the list on the screen and then tap the arrow which is located at the right, to get it started. And after that you will find an option that is the adjust folder layout and this you can choose from the variety of the grid and it is having the list of the based on the configuration and then you can select that what are the items in the folder. And then there will be the option of changing the folder icon. And then you will find list of icons n your Smartphone. You can also download the folder icons and they will be displayed in the folder organizer list.

You can simply change the folder icon by just tapping on the menu and then click on the add folder and then open the folder and then you have to tap the open folder for the long time and then press on the top of the folder where it says that it is a folder. And then you can be able to change the name of the folder that you can choose the folder from the IconPacks and then you can also pick it from the photo you just have to crop the picture. I don’t know that this will work in you r phone but it worked in my phone I just a BetterCut installed in my Smartphone I think that if you have installed the BetterCut then I think that this will definitely work with the phone. The LMK application also the perfect to change the icon but I have never used my friend suggested me.

From the discussion going on I think that you can use the folder organizer application this you can download it from the android market and this is the application that will help you to customize the folder icon. But there are some notes you have to keep in mind is that you have to use the full-featured version of the folder organizer application you can also edit the folders on the fly by just long pressing the folder which icon you want to change. But if you are using the free edition then you have to open the application of the folder organizer and then you can be able to change the icon.

While I was surfing on the internet I saw the question and I would like to recommend you that you have to download the application and the you have to download the application from the android market and then install it into the Smartphone and then you have to tap on the tab of the labels and then the folder will appear and then click on the add a folder and then you can name it whatever you want to name the folder. And then you have to just long press the folder and then there will be several icons that you have to choose from the variety of grid labels. And then there will be the option of the change the folder and then you can change the folder you can download the coolest icon from the market.