Thread: How to disable Cell Standby mode in Dell Streak 7 Wi-Fi

How to disable Cell Standby mode in Dell Streak 7 Wi-Fi

I have been using the Dell streak tablet PC which is of 7inch and the wifi version from the past one month. However those who have already used this device might know that there is a Cell Standby mode feature. In my case I want to turn this thing off because this appears to be eating much of my battery usage, characteristically next to 70%+ of battery convention. I don’t want to root this device but I need to disable this feature somehow. Does anybody know how?

Re: How to disable Cell Standby mode in Dell Streak 7 Wi-Fi

I was also looking for the same thing and after several try and research I finally able to get rid of it, remember that this is only on the WiFi edition, not cooperative in favor of the cell phone versions. I have utilized GingerBreak to root (V2.2.2 Build 15799) (I have done this for the reason that it has an unroot choice, which might come in useful if GB otherwise HC comes out.)
    User Super Manager to rename the below files...
    • /system/app/Phone.apk
    • /system/app/TelephonyProvider.apk

After rebooting the Cell standby has vanished.

If you can root your device, and make use of a file manager to take away phone.apk and telephonyprovider.apk (In my case I have shifted them, thus those 2 files are at rest there if I still require to restore them for guarantee otherwise somewhat, except they are laying idle on my memory card folder) afterward restart the device, the Cell Standby procedure will no more be operational. This boosts the 25% of battery, through not any being used via cellular services that you don't encompass.

It is not only you who is having the battery usage and consumption problem with cell standby mode on Dell streak 7 but many others have also posted about this. However in order to resolve this problem, rooting is the only one solution left for you. You might have already noticed how to root the device and which files need to be removed. While you foremost take away the files, you will keep receiving "Stopped unexpectedly" errors, for the reason that they were detached like the tablet was running, except following reboot, you will be very well, and your battery life must be 4x what it was prior to.

Well if you’re chatting regarding the build.prop fix, it didn't effort for me. I have understand writing three threads inside their whole counting the honeycomb thread, streakdroid thread as well as those threads inside the all-purpose segment through the proper name that escapes me at this moment. Not any of which solved my trouble Not to speak they don't work, I've simply had no fortune through them.

I lastly was capable to put out of action "cell standby". By the use of "Bloat Freezer" freeze phone.apk (the immediate this is completed, it will force shut - just clutch the power key awaiting it shuts off ) - this will simply occur one time Afterward utilizing "Bloat Freezer" freeze telephony.providers.apk - this doesn't force shut. Reboot one time more and yes! There was no longer cell standby. I furthermore observed in the warning region at the peak a fresh icon - it's 4 bars by an x in excess of the lowly bar. It's similar to while you turn a phone on airplane mode - similar kind of icon.