Thread: After connecting Dell streak windows XP shows Unidentified USB device

After connecting Dell streak windows XP shows Unidentified USB device

I am using Dell streak in which there is Android 2.2 is installed. My Dell streak was working fine but from last few days I am getting one annoying issue with my Dell streak. Now whenever I connect my Dell streak in my computer it says Unidentified USB device. I don’t know what went wrong but this problem has started suddenly. Now please tell me what I can do to connect my Dell streak with computer. In my computer I am using windows XP.

Re: After connecting Dell streak windows XP shows Unidentified USB device

I would like to tell you that you have to first check that whether you are able to connect your Dell streak with other computer or not. First try to connect your device with other computer and then check whether your device is connecting perfectly or not. If you get the same problem with other computer then I think there might be something wrong with your Dell streak and if you are able to connect your Dell streak with other computer then you have to check your computer setting first.

If you are able to connect your Dell streak with other machines and you are facing the issue with your computer only then first try to connect your mobile in different USB port and then check whether same issue is coming or not. If you still face the same issue then you can also try to solve this issue by reinstalling USB driver in your computer. Now after reinstalling the USB driver connect your Dell streak again with your computer and then check whether your problem gets solved or not.

It looks like there might be something wrong with your Dell streak and I think you should try to solve this issue by resetting your Dell streak device. First of all you have to take back up of all your data from your Dell streak. You can take back up of all your data with the help of Dell pc suite. Now after that reset your Dell streak and then your problem might get solved. If your problem get solved then restore your all the data to your dell streak.

As you have said in your post about trying to connect my Dell streak with other computer after reading that I have tried to connect my Dell streak with other computer but after trying that also I get the same problem. Now after that I have also tried to solve this issue by uninstalling USB drivers from my computer and installing it again but it doesn’t make any difference for me. Now I think resetting the device can help me to fix this but I don’t know how to reset my device please help me with that.

You can do factory reset of your device by doing following steps. First you have to switch off your Dell streak by using the power button and after that you have to press Volume down and volume up button together. Now without leaving both volumes key you have to press power button for some time and you will see the configuration screen. Now you have to select factory reset option and then press the camera key to start the factory reset.

According to your given steps I have I have done factory reset in my Dell streak device and after that when I tried to connect my Dell streak device with my computer at that time it connected successfully. Now I am able to transfer all the files from my Dell streak to my computer. Your given solution helped me to fix this issue. thank you so much for helping me.