Thread: Would Canon S95 digital camera worth me if I sell Canon G9

Would Canon S95 digital camera worth me if I sell Canon G9

I Canon G9 digital camera. However, I read recently, and it seems that the S95 has an IQ higher than the G9, is this true? I mainly utilize my G9 when crave to take 1D Mark III with me when I wish for a little compact and light sufficient not to attract the attention of people or when I yearn for videos. The S95 is yet slighter and slimmer, and seems to produce better images. Is there something I miss with my G9? Does the S95 have the preference of instance? Does the built-in ND filter? What is enhanced than the G9, in your opinion?

Re: Would Canon S95 digital camera worth me if I sell Canon G9

I had a G9 before upgrading to an S90 and S95 one. Regarding the capacity of its own pocket, the S95 is obviously finer. The S95 also has pictures which are much improved, mainly in low light. The combination of the lens f / 2 and high ISO sensitivity that is much more flexible than the G9. With my slight G9 at ISO 400 looked terrible. But with the S95, which can use ISO 1600 and get great images. I can say that the S95 has a enhanced picture excellence than the G9.

The S95 has a bundle of shooting modes. Not definite if time has passed, but can get about 2 fps and can track the focus. It has a built-in ND filter. Check the specs on the Canon website. The G12 is precisely very similar to the S95, but almost the alike physical size as the G9. The G12 has the same low light capability, but includes some bells and whistles (5x zoom compared with 3.8 x S95, shoe, rotary screen, viewfinder, etc.). However, it is bigger and less out of pocket. And that's really what the choice comes down to: bigger, with some more options, or less, with fewer features. For me, the smaller size is important.

I have a G9 and G11. The G9 is vaguely slighter than the G11, and may have well usage characteristics. However, the IQ of the G9 is not as good as the G11, especially as the ISO climbs. There Sometimes I like to contain a minor camera for your ease, the S95 look the best contemporary option. If I did go for it, then I sell my G9. I like the shoe, rotating LCD and exterior controls on the G11, so you will not want to sell. I have several Canon accessories that work in both the G9 and G11, so I do not stop trying any product from Canon. The new Olympus XZ-1 looks capable, but not a major step up.

The S95 offers thoroughly unusual shooting occurrence compared to the G-series and is less sensitive, with controls much less and usually are less severe than one camera in their hands. I would robustly imply you take it out for a spin before buying. In comparison with the G9 and 1D, it can resemble a toy, regardless of their ability to f/2.0 + RAW. If this is a video recording when you have the aspiration to take your digital SLR camera at all, the S95 is the obvious choice.

I tell you, if you want some pocket, not pocket-G. G owners try to pretend they enjoy clutching in his pocket, but we all are acquainted with the simple geometry cannot walk like a G. The S95 is as good as G, and actually fits in your pocket small. Make persuaded that you cannot put a flash shoe on it, and you lose your swivel screen, but this is based on what he said he wants out of the camera, video and mobility. This results in the S95.

I have both the S90 and the G9 because I knew I would miss the long end of the G9. Even the use of the addition of 37 mm TV with my S90 (pimps). And that does not beat the range you can get with the G9. The fastest train in optical S90/S95 endow with much more flexibility / capacity of the hand, then the G9. S90/95 better. Flash remote control works with the S90/95 forget. But you can do with the G9. If you could live without the range, I'd say get the G12, but the Wizards of marketing for Canon decided not to include the S95 f/2.0 optical train in the G12.