Thread: Any reason why Canon G12 is chosen over Canon S95 digital camera

Any reason why Canon G12 is chosen over Canon S95 digital camera

I'm planning to acquire a new camera. a little that has additional, but a camera as a "bridge", the streak performance and speed of HD video and also critical. I presently come across at the Canon G12, Canon S95, wondering why choose Canon G12 on S95 without any specific reason for it. Is it a good digital camera, please give me your opinion about the pros and cons of them. Therefore, I require to review this to make a perfect judgment.

Re: Any reason why Canon G12 is chosen over Canon S95 digital camera

If you desire a camera that offers the identical control over it akin to a DSLR, you must get the G12. To add a pocket-sized point and shoot without worrying about external flashes, manual control of all the possessions that many others, then you must get the S95. The image eminence will be almost alike, but only serve two different types of shooters. If you enlighten me, then I shoot with G12 because I resemble having control over equipment DSLR. I do not care for pocket cameras.

Tell you that the sensor in the G12 and S95 are the equivalent and at the wide end you actually get a faster lens with S95 (2.0 vs. 2.8 in 28 mm). I have not esteemed the G11 viewfinder useful, but if you reminiscent of a larger body p / s with the option to attach an instant that the G12 could be for you. If you want a pocket camera that, like the S95. Another idea, if you want a slightly larger camera that you can consider a Micro Four Thirds System, which exceeded any camera in low light.

I have the S90. Is very similar to S95. I do not agree that the S95 has superior adjustments. There is a digital SLR with certainty, but it has great manual control. The control ring roughly the lens and the rotating ring on the back are very useful and can modify the shutter speed and aperture extraordinarily. The barely gain of the G12 is that the ring is at the top ISO. No need to enter the menu to change settings. The G12 has a shoe that is great, but in my opinion, if I want to use the flash, I use my digital SLR!

The importance of the S95 and G12 is that the S95 is af / 2 lens at the wide end. Quick stops, so that about 50 mm and more, the G12 can be better in low light. The sensor is the same between the two chambers. Ultimately, the best camera is the one you all the time. I cannot carry the G12 (or G Series other) with no trouble in the pouch. I can with the S90. My S90 is hardly thicker than my holder so it is with me all the time.

Collect the two in your hands, and realize that they are dreadfully dissimilar cameras. If you yearn for a DSLR-like control on the camera, get the G12. If you want a smaller pocket camera, get a S95. They are directed to two diverse types of users, is unclear. I used to have a G11 (and hopefully stays), and for me - is a tool that makes me want to take pictures, while the S95 is a very small pocket camera. To exit the Canon, then go with a Sony NEX-5 with a sensor of 1.6 times the harvest.

Ideally, a combination of understanding the G12 and S95, a little smaller but with a folding screen and a viewfinder, but does not exist. The G12 is the best option. It feels more like a "photographer's camera" of the three, a mini-SLR if you will. I like the control and manipulation than others, and the bad thing is I enclose to use the viewfinder. The G12 is great, but rarely have to push a camera in my pocket so I'll have the size for better handling and a folding screen. The S95 I've found is too small for me.