Thread: Transferring photos from disk to canon flash card

Transferring photos from disk to canon flash card

I like to use the slideshow feature on my canon S30.to show the pictures when I travel with friends and family. I can transfer photos from PC to a CF card format and play them on my slideshow S30? Will this corrupt my CF CARD? Even though I have the intention of formatting the CF card in the S30? Has anyone tried this? I will be glad if anyone can help me to fix the problem. I also want the steps for transferring my photos from disk to cannon flash card.

Re: Transferring photos from disk to canon flash card

It resolves your determination and will not damage the card. In addition to provided you accomplish not format the card in your computer that does not call for to be concerned about the card to turn out to be unreadable in the camera. For images to be read by the camera. Most likely need to put in the same folder structure on the card while the camera does. (I.e.:a directory with subfolders called DCM then like "Canon ixus 105", etc)

Copying the images to display in the camera as a slideshow in a new folder on your PC. Rename the copies the same way as does the camera – ie IMG_xxxx.JPG - should be capitalized (that come in DOS mode to do this often!) - But the camera cannot be so picky. The numbers should be in the order you want the camera to show the pictures and I usually start to 0001.You can also resize images 640 * 480 (or less) as this is more than enough for television. It also loads much faster. Make sure you rotate properly. Using your camera - delete all the images on the card. Then take a new look that will never want to. Upload photos to the same folder as the image you just took it in. It does not bother if you load more than 100 images. Using the camera to erase the image is cut before. The camera must scroll through the images very well and also make a slide show. You will not be able to preview multiple images, but although it should be extended.

Usually creates a folder named slide show as a subfolder of each of my other image folders and use a free program called XnView create a batch resize. Expect this helps. I believe this aptitude is huge as you are able to demonstrate your pictures to anyone with a TV with a SCART connector. If you are careful you can even keep taking pictures as extended as you contain space on the card. Have bought the A70. I'll be experimenting with ways to re-uploading videos and I want to see if I can reload a movie edited on a PC and play on the camera. In fact, if anybody knows what compression method used for the Canon A70 films could perhaps let me know. Indeed, I regularly use my card (s) for transportation programs / files between your PC.

It unquestionably would be paying attention in bearing in mind the consignment if you’re still enthusiastic. I contain this difficulty with my A70 too. I shortened in Photoshop and now you cannot place the photo back. I obtain this popup -> Error: 100_0900.jpg image is not taken by means of a Canon and was on the rampage after being taken. This picture is able to be seen inside the window of the camera.

In conclusion I contain my photos for the camera. I do not perform and I do not be on familiar terms with exactly how I used the 3.2-saving programs and export, etc. 10 times each. To conclude it works for me. Later I'll do it again, but to know exactly what happened and who you know worked. I used the Canon software after Photoshop. I thought if I "save as" or export the file, then it would be in the same format.

Windows ME / XP and issue WIA -When connecting a chamber containing a CF card in it, in which images are taken with this camera. When you open and modify an image, you cannot see this image on the TFT screen of the camera again. In all these events or at best a question mark appears on the TFT screen. Above issue is not a defect of the camera, or a bug in Windows XP or ME. In fact, a consequence of variations in the level of JPEG images, along with the transparency of the operations of the image to use WIA drivers.