Thread: “process com.dell.launcher has stopped” error message in Dell Streak

“process com.dell.launcher has stopped” error message in Dell Streak

Hey people, I recently started facing this very irritating problem in my three months old Dell Streak which has Android 2.2 Froyo. Recently I am getting pop ups of “process com.dell.launcher has stopped” error message in my display screen. Repeatedly this error message is being displayed, which is seriously irritating me. The problem doesn’t seem to be going away, the loop is repeated on every startup of the device. Does anyone know what must be causing the problem and what possibly I should do to solve the problem? Please help me fix the issue guys.

Re: “process com.dell.launcher has stopped” error message in Dell Streak

In my opinion, you should most likely perform Hard Reset in your Dell streak if you want to solve the problem. Perform a hard reset to save the factory default settings in your Dell. Before performing a hard reset on the device make sure that you have made a backup of all your important data. Saving all the data and taking its back up is necessary because there are high chances of the data getting lost after resetting the entire phone to its out-of-box settings.

Below is the procedure which you should follow in order to restore factory settings default on your Dell Streak.
    • Tap the menu option in main home screen of your Dell Streak
    • Go to Settings and click on privacy option
    • Now click on the factory reset option,
    • Press the Reset button
    • Finally, click Clear All.

I also have another way to do Hard Reset in Dell Streak which you can use if the above given solution doesn’t works:
    • Switch off and remove the battery of your Dell Streak
    • Reinsert the battery and restart your device after some time.
    • Press and hold the up and down volume buttons. Make sure that you are doing so simultaneously
    • Hold the power ON button until your Dell Streak starts
    • You will find Factory Reset option appearing in your screen.
    • Press and release the camera button to choose the factory reset option.

In my opinion you should not do factory reset on your Dell Streak. I am not sure but many says that if we perform factory reset of the product by our self, this will void the warranty which means that if you are having your Dell streak still under the warranty period, then this will come to an end. So in this case I would rather recommend you to contact some professional who will be able to help your solve the issue. You should go to some mobile store and get your issue solved.

Thank you, guys for sharing your suggestions with me. Special thanks for providing step by step procedure to perform System Restore in my Dell Streak. I followed the steps as mentioned, but unfortunately they did not proved to be much helpful for me. I tried rolling back the device to its out-of –box setting but this also did not helped me solve the issue. I am still facing the problem. After so many tries, I still find myself stuck in the same issue. Please anyone else having solution for my problem, share the information with me as well.

Hey guys, I also faced this issue and was getting the process com.dell.launcher has stopped error message in my Dell Streak as well.It seemed to be some kind of issue with the earlier updates. Luckily the problem got fixed by itself. All I did was updated the firmware of my Dell Streak as well as installed the lasted available version of Operating System in my device. So, all in all, just keep your device updated and you will find the issue to vanish by itself.