Thread: Unable to start Dell Streak

Unable to start Dell Streak

Dell Streak was working very well till today morning but it started up showing issues from today morning. While I was using the streak, I by mistakenly shutdown my device and when I tried to restart it, I was unable to do so. I even tried removing the battery, waiting for some time and then again reinserting the battery of Dell Streak and trying to restart the Dell Streak, but with no success. Please help me in solving the issue. I really want to use my Dell Streak again. the Dell Streak was running Android 2.2 Froyo in it

Re: Unable to start Dell Streak

In my opinion the problem is that the power of your Dell Streak’s battery has completely drained and that is why it is not starting. So, first of all I would recommend you to make sure that you have fully charged your Dell Streak’s battery. Keep your device in charging for some time and then try to Switch ON the device. It will be better if you allow the battery of your device to get fully charged. Try switching on the Dell Streak after putting your device in charging for few hours and then check what the status of the issue is.

The issue might also occur if only the battery of your Dell Streak is corrupt and is working faulty. So, I would recommend you to make sure that the battery power is not leaking and it is perfectly fine. Also, remember that if you find the battery of your Dell Streak to be faulty, than replace it with a new one. But the new one should be the original battery which is made for Dell Streak device. You can get the original battery from any authorized dealer of Dell products.

In my opinion, most likely you must perform Hard Reset in the Dell streak if you wish to solve the problem. By performing hard reset we can possibly save all the default factory settings of your Dell which was actually available in the device, when you had purchased it. One must always remember to take backup of all the important data stored in the device before actually trying to do the factory reset. Once you finish the process, you will find your device to look so much similar to the when you had purchased the device.

Procedure to be Restore the default settings on the Dell Streak.
    • Click on the menu screen of your main home run of Dell
    • Go to Settings and select the Privacy option
    • Now click on the option to reset factory
    • push the Reset button
    • Now, you should click on Clear All option to complete the process

According to me, you should refrain yourself from doing factory reset in your Dell Streak by yourself. Not sure about this but performing that can lead you to lose the warranty of your device. Also, as you are not that well with computing devices, you might end up damaging the device more, then repairing it. SO, in this case, it is better if you take help from someone professional and who is very good with solving such issues. So, it is better if you submit your device at the nearest Dell Store and get it check by the Dell people.

You should probably try updating the firmware of your Dell Streak and check out whether the problem still exists or not. Also make sure that you are updating the latest Operating system as well. Keeping the system updated will increase the performance of your device to a considerable amount. In order to update the firmware you can either do it by yourself or you can submit your mobile phone to the nearest Dell Store and ask the technical staff to do so.