Thread: How to copy and paste the text in android froyo 2.2 in dell streak ?

How to copy and paste the text in android froyo 2.2 in dell streak ?

Hi, I have brought a dell streak 1 week before and in that I am running android 2.2 froyo and really all the functions are good but some are very difficult to understand, such as I am not getting how can we copy and paste the text during messaging and while writing email to someone, because sometimes it happens like I have to type all the things that I have to mentioned in the email and off course in the message also, or it depends on the application that we use for doing these?

Re: How to copy and paste the text in android froyo 2.2 in dell streak ?

I would say this is too funny question that I have ever seen on such a forums, Yeah I know you are the newbie for this tablet, but it is not that enough difficult to understand such a easy functions, let it be you can do this by entering in the option, there you’ll find an option for doing these. Either you have to press and hold a long in to the text box and after that a menu will appear showing different option and from that this option will be also mentioned.

If you just saying about the phone function than I’ll say yeah there is a built in functionally for doing this, but if suppose if you are using any application for editing emails and the messages also, then off course it depends on the application that you use, some of the application doesn’t provide any such option to copy content from the source and then paste it wherever we want but in phone as the above user mentioned, you can coy the content and then paste it wherever you want.

Hey thanks for the help guys, as I can do all the content copy from the page, and I would you were right as some of the application doesn’t provide such functionality like the opera Mini doesn’t have such function to copy content from the website pages, so still I can’t do that, so is there any way through which we can achieve this also? If yes then I would like if someone tell me about that.

It seems that you are using too older version of the opera mini because as the extent to I know they have added this functionality of copy pasting in their all new version and you can do that, so you can have two option for doing these, like either you can download the latest version of the opera mini and then can use or you can use your phones default browser, because in that you can easily do copying by pressing and holding the screen to the content.