Thread: How to update Dell XCD35 to 2.2 Android froyo

How to update Dell XCD35 to 2.2 Android froyo

I have a Dell XCD 35 which my uncle gifted me when I turned 21 this June but I have no idea of how to upgrade this as I have not been able to upgrade this phone to latest version available in the market , I am having a android operating system installed on my phone and I have heard that I have about it that we can upgrade the operating system to the latest one available in the market . So please light my way to a path that I can use it for me up gradation.

Re: How to update Dell XCD35 to 2.2 Android froyo

I would strongly recommend staying you on this version of android that you are using as according to me your Dell XCD 35 had an android version 2.1 installed on your system which is quite stable to use , haven ‘t t you heard anything about the android version 2.2 that has been causing some serious error and bugs that cannot be fixed , other than this I would also like you to upgrade directly to version 3 whix his been nicknamed gingerbread which appears to be quite stable to previously released version

Never try to do than ton your own as that might do perm ant damage to your phone that might not be recoverable, I strong suggest you to contact the mobility support center as they might assist you with the upgrade .More –over the best option that I can give you is the you should go to the service center and tell them to update your mobile phone and they would do that for you for free if your phone is still I in warranty. I hope that you consider my request for following the update.

I just don‘t understand the need for going to the service center is there any need for going this when we can do this sitting at our home without any effort does anyone here know how to do that without going to the dell customer care as I don‘t have any dell mobility service center near my city so it is not favorable for me to go to to other city and do the update, more I would also like to know if I have any other option left for me.

The answer for your question varies greatly according to the warranty and the service center that that you have , as if you have an warranty and the dell customer care is near you then you might go there and do an update free of cost , on the other way round the if you have warranty and tried to update that on your own then that would void all the warranties that you previously held on that phone , if your phone does not have any warranty then you can try it yourself as that does not matter anything as you will be charged either way round .

There are many user who are facing this problem I was glad that you all guys help me out so that I won ‘t go here and there in search of suggestion here and there , but I was luckly that I posted my query here and found out the reply that there are many other user you have tried this before so please help me out like as you have just solved my problem I hope that this never causes a problem with then ago . Thanks for the replyies that you gave me