Thread: How to turn off data on dell Streak 7

How to turn off data on dell Streak 7

I have blackberry mobile with myself and I don ‘t wish for any other mobile to take it space in my hands , but recently after I saw the dell releasing it new Steak 7 version I thought that I should bring this home as it has one of the beset hardware in the market and I could use this phone as an alternative when my black berry is not charged , but right I want to use this phone as only as wi-fi device so is there any device through with the phone could be made used only for WI-if while the other function remained disabled .

Re: How to turn off data on dell Streak 7

That was a really great choice that was made by you can always use this phone for the Wi-Fi conversation or usage as this phone has an android version the 2.2.2 which is also known as froto android which is quite famous for it bugs, but as you are only using the Wi – fi from this then that would not cause you any problem with this , try using this and that would help you to gain an access to WI-fi without any problem

I think I have seen a first person who have brought this phone only use this phone for it wi –fi connection , I never knew an answer for this , but I would surely love to know if someone post the answer here as I am also using a Dell steak 7 smart phone that I just purchased , but as it is having a short battery life I would love to know the trick that are use by people around on how to save the battery life while using it with wi-fi is a battery killer in my terms .

The answer to your question is quite simple , you just need to put you dell steak 7 smart phone in the airplane mode and the activate the GPRS or the Wi-FI that you want to use , By , doing this your phone will shut down all the radio frequencies that you card is sending and only allow the radio frequency that is send by the WI-fi This would surely save a lot of battery life which subsequently appears to be a serious drawback of this device .

I never thought that there was a possible a way out form this , as I never thought that there is any work for this , but ,as the expert user have give me suggestion that just worked out for me , but there are many other user s how gave me suggestion but ,there suggestion did not worked for me but the airplane mode just worked for me , thanks for the time and support you gave me Thanks for all the suggestion you gave me.