Thread: Unable to answer phone calls in Dell Streak

Unable to answer phone calls in Dell Streak

Hey! Anyone please help me by solving my problem. My Dell Streak is troubleshooting. I am unable to answer my phone calls. Whenever I get a phone call the screen locks. I tried changing options but it did not worked. I have a Dell Streak with Android 1.6 operating system. Any ideas how to solve?

Re: Unable to answer phone calls in Dell Streak

I have never heard about such problems in Dell Streak. This is the first time I have seen, I think you are covering the proximity sensor while attending the calls holding it near the earpiece. Just make sure that you keep your thumb away from result while attending the call. I hope this will resolve your problem. If not then there must be having some hardware related issues.

After reading your question I have done some research on the internet and came with a conclusion that there is hardly any issues with dell streak related to it. I also searched the official website of Dell for such results but found nothing. I think you must have damaged some hardware. There might have been some accident with your Dell Streak that resulted in such kind of issues. It’s a hardware problem.

I think I can help you to solve this problem. Just check the blacklit setting in your Dell streak. If you have set it to low around 5 or 10 seconds then this kind of issues occurs. Set it to minimum and check whether it is working or not. If not then try uninstalling all the application in your Dell Streak except the original application and see the result. This will work for sure because any third party application may damage the original application and hardware.

I agree with the third party application. Avoid using that, if you have already installed in your Dell Streak then uninstall it. This one by one uninstallation of third party application and other unwanted application can fix your bug. If you still have issues after doing that then upgrade or calibrate your operating system to O2 froyo. Your current android 1.6 is not an issue but upgrading your operating system may fix the problem forever. It will also add new features to your Dell Streak

You still having the troubleshooting with you then the final option remaining with you is to go to service center for further assistance. I am recommending you to go to service center because it is hardware related problem. If you continue try various things then it could damage your Dell Streak more. Before going to the service center take the invoice with you for better and smooth assistance. Just keep in mind that additional charges may apply to fix such problems.