Thread: Does dell streak supports android 2.3 version ?

Does dell streak supports android 2.3 version ?

Hi, I have a dell streak with 1.6 version operating system, and I am using it since last few months, but I have heard about the latest update that’s the android 2.3 version, so I want to know that whether dell streak support that version, or we must have stick with the one that we have? Is there any one who had tried to install this version, see I don’t know exactly whether this is released or not, but if yes then how to install that, can anyone help me with this?

Re: Does dell streak supports android 2.3 version ?

I think they have come with the beta version not the final one, so according to me you should wait till the final version comes, and there is no doubt that it will work with streak or not, because they have made it for the streak only, so no need to worry, but if you want to try then you can download that beta version software and then can install it in your dell streak, but I would say there are still to many bugs with the 2.2, so how will be the 2.3? so better stick with the one that you own.

I am wholly agree with the above user as you should wait for sometime as the final software comes out without any bug, otherwise if you install that one you’ll suffer from other problems, but yeah you can try the 2.2 before that, I am running same as I have mentioned without any bug, I also heard that in the previous one there were too many bugs but after sometime they have fixed almost bugs from the software and really it works better.

No need to worry about as you can use the 2.3 version with your dell streak soon as they launch it officially but before that as the above user mentioned you can make use of 2.2 version, which is also good for the dell, especially for the user who tether the device with other device to use the phone as modem. So my recommendation is like either you can attach with 1.6 or you can install 2.2, and you can download it for free also.

So guys according to you suggestion it seems that we should wait for some time to get it launched, but still as you all are suggesting so I am planning to have 2.2 at least and will see for the 2.3, but yeah I will download its beta version for sure, actually you know why I was putting too much emphasis on that because I have heard that they have included too many new features and have extremely enhanced the software for using it and as the security concern they have provided better security in that. forget it, but let me know the steps to install 2.2 in my streak. And off course thanks guys as your suggestion was really helpful.

See you can have so many option for installing that version, like you can simply get update from your device itself rather you can download that software from the internet and then can install it in the streak, but better option would be to download it from the internet and then install it in the device. You can follow this steps :

1- You must have to root the dell streak to 2.1, for that you can use the universal androot application. After that install clockwork recovery if you haven’t after the root.

2- Formerly as you done this you have to download the uodate.zip file from the internet.

3- After doing these you have to boot your device into recovery and you can do this by holding the three keys together and that’s volume Up/Down key and the Power key.

4- Once you are in recovery method, open .pkg preference and stay for clockwork to load, and you can after that browse the zip from the SD card and then through that flash the mobile, but you have to be patient as this process will take time and will reboot the device too many times.

I would suggest you that if possible don’t update to this version as there are still too many bugs, so my recommendation is like you should not do that, and in fact I would say those bugs are also very know such as No APN inclusion and the Boot loop Issue through which you’ll get too many connection error, but if you don’t want to use internet then you can update to this version otherwise it is next to worthless.