Thread: Can't synchronize media in dell streak

Can't synchronize media in dell streak

I got a streak two day before and it was working perfectly and as once I was trying to get it sync with my machine it was giving me error and thus I was unable to synchronize my media content, I have just downloaded the new software and just installed it in my device but after that I am having numerous errors with that. and the problem is I the media content only, except that I can sync any thing without any hesitation. So what will be the actual problem?

Re: Can't synchronize media in dell streak

I think according to me your issue is not the syncing actually but It is probably that you have bought the music files in a unreadable format in other words in a format that the Streak does not be familiar with. ever since I am an Apple user, perhaps I must have to buy music in either FLAC or AAC format instead of mp3. So my recommendation is like you should check the format of the files first and then try to sync those data with your machine.

Are you sure that the companion that you are using is perfectly working, because as you have mentioned that other content you can easily sync and problem is with the media only, so you should uninstall the previous software that you are currently owing, and then install a fresh copy that you must have gotten with the device, and if suppose you don’t have the latest version that you can have another option as download it from the internet and then use it.

While syncing the whatever the data we must have to configure the settings in to the companion, so I think you have done something wrong there only and thus you are unable to sync those content, and as the extent to I know there are too many option that you have to select for syncing and among them one of the option would be for the media content. So I don’t know how to reconfigure It, but you can simply reinstall the software and whenever you connect the device for the first time, it will prompt you for the content to synchronize.

It might be possible that the version you are using in you device have some problem with synchronization, so I think you must update the software also, I am not sure about that but still you can try that also for this, and I would suggest you that don’t install the 2.2 version because there are some problems in the software and if you have the same then surely this is the software problem so you mus have to update it.

Have you ever done any resetting to your phone if not, then you should try that also, it will recover all the data and the missing files after doing that, so you should do soft reset first and then if it doesn’t provide you the solution you can simply have hard resetting also, but before that you should always make backup of the data that you have stored in the phone memory, otherwise surely you’ll lose those data.

You must have to convert those media files in to the recognized format so that while you sync the content you can simply get those content listed, and I was having the same problem but after converting them to the required format, and for that you can have too many converters form the internet through which you can convert the files and then transfer it to the device.