Thread: Tethering Dell Streak 5 tablet with PC

Tethering Dell Streak 5 tablet with PC

I have had a Dell Streak running Android 2.2 operating system before some days. Usually I found that the connectivity preferences are extremely deprived, and off course the assist and manual given to use is next to worthless. And I want to use the device as a 3G Dongle with my PC but I think Mobile Synchronization companion would provide this option, isn’t it? In short I have to use it as a GSM modem. How can we use that, I want to know the steps for doing these. Thank.

Re: Tethering Dell Streak 5 tablet with PC

You are right that you can use the sync software for the same, but still I would suggest that you should not use that because I have tried It once and I would say it is very awful. It will take too much time to install and after installation you’ll get too many errors as well for this, so according to me you should use some another software for these, but if you have already installed it you should try to use it at least once.

I think you should try to download any such application from the android market, and I am sure you’ll surely get any such application from there. But I think the sync software works perfectly according to me and you make use of that also, but as the above user mentioned that it has some problem, I have completely different opinion as this is the best software and you can get the option to connect it through the USB and plug it too PC.

I have once done the tethering with the other device the only difference was like the device was actually IPAD and for that I have used barnacle, so I am not sure that will this software work to connect it with the PC also or not, but I would suggest you that you should have a glance at least towards this software and let tell you that you need to root your device for using any such dodgy software for tethering.

I have a quite different recommendation as you should use pdanet software for using the phone as a USB modem and that is what you are searching and you can get it from the market itself and as far as I know there are too many version also available of the same software. But I think you need to uninstall the sync software before installing this software in your machine, and if you don’t have install it ever then that’s fine, you can have both the option to try.

There are too many software that you can use for tethering but the only restriction that you’ll get with that software is the rooting, I mean to say you must have to root your device before using any such software with your device, and the known names are already mentioned by the above users, but if you search it on internet you’ll get too many same software that does the same function to work the phone as a modem.