Thread: Dell streak screen broken

Dell streak screen broken

Hi, I have order dell streak last month only, and it was working perfectly, without any glitches, but as after I pull it out of my purse and I found the LED broken, and for that time it was suddenly stopped working but after sometime, I seen that material part of the facade is unspoiled, but still no display come at the screen. So I am not sure whether this is the hardware fault or the software fault, and I want to make it repair anyways, so what shall I do next? Thank for any suggestion.

Re: Dell streak screen broken

Have you got any seen cracked on the LED screen? If yes then let me tell you that no only the dell any electronic brand will consider it as a hardware fault, and if there is the problem in the screen itself, so with no other option you must have to buy the new one, or I am not sure as how much you have broken the screen, so according to the damage you have you have to pay, if the crack would be little than you may have option to get it repair.

LED’s are inclined to shock and overheat damage, and I was once having this problem with my dell streak as it was also getting too over heated after using some time, and I have a insurance for that through which I can claim this and get the benefits to cover this damage, so if you have any then you can use that also in order to get work again. otherwise you should get the new screen as soon as possible or else it may harm another parts too.

As you have mentioned that the dell streak you have get last month only, so off course with no doubt you must have gotten the warranty for your device, so you can have that option also to get the benefit for this so you can try that also. And this is the better way in fact according to me if you go and give this to any technician then either he will repairs it or you may have to change the screen for sure, so it better to have the same from the original center.

Hey thanks guys for your kind attention towards this thread, and it is too helpful I would say, but still I would as I contacted their support center for this query, they were saying like they will check first whether any major damage is there or not and if suppose you there is then I must have to change the hardware and for that I have pay for that, but I am wondering because the retailer told me that I will get all this service for free, so what is it actually whether shall I pay them or not?

I would say both of them is saying right that you must have to pay for the hardware damage and actually there are certain conditions with the warrantee as well so according to that only you’ll get the benefit, and even as the extent to I know you must have to pay for the damage that is caused by yourself, they will give you recovery for those which is been unexpectedly happens to the device, so according to that you must have to pay, either you go to support center or to any technician also.

I would say I am agree with the above user, but as you are saying like there is a blank screen and you can’t see anything, so this might be the software problem and for that you can have option to change the firmware of your device so I would say first of all change that and if suppose you didn’t get it well than support canter is the better option compare to other technicians. And at least after installing the new screen you’ll get the warranted for that also.