Thread: Graphic Driver for HP Pavilion dm1z

Graphic Driver for HP Pavilion dm1z

Hello everyone I have a small issue with the graphic driver of the HP Pavilion dm1z. the thing is that the graphic driver that I am currently using is the original HP's driver. Now several months have been passed by and I am not getting the new driver update from hp, on the other hand if we see the windows update then it is asking me to update the graphics driver. So should I go with it or should I wait for the new driver from the hp itself? What do you all think guys about it, please do let me know about it. as I am waiting for the suggestions from you all. Also let me know if the update from the windows is enough? Do let me know about it. any suggestions are appreciated from you all. so do reply accordingly om the same.

Re: Graphic Driver for HP Pavilion dm1z

Yes certainly you can go ahead with the driver that you are getting from the windows update. There is no harm in it. so stop worrying about the same. in case if you don’t like the driver then you have the option of rolling back to the old driver. So there is nothing new on it.

Yes you can certainly go ahead with the windows update. That’s what I feel here. Go to the start and then all programs and windows update. Now there you will find the necessary updates for all the drivers. Yes Microsoft has released updates last week it seems, so better check out for the same. that’s what I think here. Also I have heard that HP has not released the update for the graphic drivers for more than 6 months that sounds terrible for me. Simply because 6 months is a huge time for me and also with the companies like AMD releasing cards within a gap of 3 months plus the drivers are updated continuously. So hp people must think over this.

I think sticking with the OEM drivers is a better option rather than going with the manufacturers drivers. That’s what I feel here. I think the manufactures do make some silly modification to the drivers because of which there is some problem with the laptop itself. That’s what I think here and hence I am saying this to you all. anyways the new version of the driver do not bring some new changes, that’s what I feel here. OEM driver's are a "safer" option and it is better to stick with them, so that’s what I want to say here.

I am one of the user who had done the same thing. I mean I Installed the driver from Windows Update and you will not believe that it damaged up my Catalyst Control Center. Really I am warning you to not to go with the drivers and it will really affect the laptop. So better not to go with that that’s what I feel here. I had not other option rather than to uninstall it and reinstall the HP driver. Now my laptop is working somewhat ok. So just to warn yp guys better not settle with anything here.

Hey thanks for that and appreciate that you did warn me about that, sothanks a ton for the solutions that you have given here. So I will wait for the same driver and hope that it will work for me. Anyways I want to know what kind of problems was caused to your laptop? Do let me know about it as well. I am very much interested to know about it. so do let me know about it. I am waiting for the suggestions from you all.