Thread: Unable to use WiFi after updating Dell Streak to Android 2.2.2

Unable to use WiFi after updating Dell Streak to Android 2.2.2

I have been using the Dell Streak from last few months now. It was working very well until yesterday night. Yesterday night I updated the operating system of my Dell Streak to Android 2.2.2. I performed the Over the Air (OTA) upgradation in my device. But after upgrading the Dell Streak’s Operating System, I noticed that I am unable to use WiFi anymore. The only thing my device is doing is just searching for the WiFi network. That’s it. Can anyone tell me what I should do inorder to solve my issue? Please help me.

Re: Unable to use WiFi after updating Dell Streak to Android 2.2.2

According to me, you might have not installed the latest available update of the Operating System of your Dell Streak device properly. That must be the only reason why you are unable to use your WiFi and not able connect to any of the near WiFi servers. So, I would recommend you to reinstall the new update in your Dell Streak. But only this time make sure that every process is getting completed without any error message being displayed at the time of upgradation.

You should make sure that the new update of Android 2.2.2 which you are trying to install in your Dell Streak is provided from some official website which you can trust on. Or else it might happen that you installed some cracked version of the Android in your device which is missing some of the features of the original Android 2.2.2 Operating System for the Dell Streak. You will be requiring the Original Dell PC Suite to be installed in your system and the working USB cable for connecting the device with computer in order to complete the installation of the update.

I have come across many people who have been facing issues after updating their current version of Android installed in their mobile phones to the newly available update of Android 2.2.2. so, in this case, the only solution to solve the issue is to undo/ remove the new update from your Dell Streak and installing earlier version of Android which was already installed in your device. By doing so, you can easily solve your problem. What you need to do is just do Factory Restore along with “reload from SD Card”.

You should make sure that the problem is with the new updated Android 2.2.2 and not with the WiFi. Before removing the Android 2.2.2 from your Dell Streak first cross check the other settings. Check whether the WiFi is properly working, the router connection is perfectly fine and also your Dell streak is within the signal range of the Wi-Fi. Once you have crossed check all this feature, you will be getting the exact answer about where the real issue is.

Thanks everyone for your concern on my issue. I really appreciate that. I cross checked as mentioned above. The WiFi seems to be working well as I am able to connect my other device with it. Also the Dell Streak seems to be within the range of the WiFi signal. Everything is working well except that I am not able to connect to my WiFi connection from my dell Streak. Whenever I am searching for Wifi the only thing I am getting is “Out Of Range”. Now what to do? Please help.

As you mentioned that while you are trying to connect to the WiFi network, you are getting the following error message saying that “Out of Range”. So, it clearly shows that your Dell Streak is not able to detect the Wifi signal. Make sure that the WiFi router and the Dell Streak are close to each other and also make sure that you have installed all the necessary drivers and setup needed for your Streak. Don’t forget to rightly set the Wi-Fi settings in your device.

I feel that the issue is caused because of some issue with the hardware of your Dell Streak. It is possible that the Streak might have gone through something which damaged its internal hardware which was responsible for smoother functioning of WiFi in it. I am not sure about this, but still chances are there. So all in all, you should visit Dell Store and submit your Dell Streak there and get your device repaired or replaced depending on the issue.