Thread: How to do Undo editing on Android phones?

How to do Undo editing on Android phones?

Hi I have recently purchased two Android based phones i.e. HTC Desire for my office use and Samsung Galaxy S for my personal use. As I found a small issue on both of my Android phone, and both have the same problem as whenever I accidentally delete any text or data while editing I am not able to regain it back so I looking for an undo option for it. Anyone having any information about can please help.

Re: How to do Undo editing on Android phones?

Hi even I am looking for a similar answer for my HTC Hero as it has happened many a times when I have erased some of my texts and numbers while editing and then could not find any undo option to retrieve the deleted data. It happened just two days back when I accidently deleted a huge block of text which was very important and I wanted to undo it immediately but didn’t find a option for it. Does anyone know how to do undo on Android phones? Please help.

This might help any android users who save their SMS messages or contacts on their SIM card as many times it happens that you accidently delete your texts or contacts, but here’s a way through which you can retrieve your deleted messages or contacts only if they are saved on your SIM card. You can retrieve your data by getting a SIM card reader and suitable software for recovering the data from your SIM card.

Thank you so much for your reply. The messages and contacts that I have deleted were mostly saved on my SIM card as I had newly brought these phones so I had not transfer any of my messages or contacts to phone’s memory card. As you said that it can be retrieved through a SIM card reader I would like to know how to retrieve them using the SIM card reader? Please help.

Yes I would surely like to help you. As I said that you will need a SIM card reader and suitable software to retrieve the messages and contacts from your SIM card, There are many software for it out of which Data Doctor Recovery is the best one, you can easily download this software from internet and follow the following steps:
    Install the software to your computer.
    Now connect the card reader to your computer.
    Insert the SIM card through which you want to retrieve the data.
    Wait till the SIM card gets recognized.
    Now you will get an option to retrieve any deleted messages, contacts or even call logs.
    Select the data you want to retrieve back and copy it to your computer.
    Now disconnect the card reader and insert the SIM card back to your phone.
    And connect your phone to your computer and save the data back to your phone.