Thread: Which file to use for updating the BIOS on an HP dv4t-1400 with Intel Processor?

Which file to use for updating the BIOS on an HP dv4t-1400 with Intel Processor?

I downloaded sp48847 from HP website and the extracted files, except I'm not confident which FD to use. I have a dv4t-1400 Intel P7350 and bios are corrupt. It will not flash with the process of disconnecting the power to remove the battery and holding the Windows key and B connect the power button press then discharge the power button and keys windows and B. It won’t notice a USB drive with any BIOS upgrade file on it, and I did rename the file to 30F7.BIN.
    Everything in this moment I have to remove the BIOS chip and flash with SPI Flash bios I have. My only problem is I do not know that. FD files for use. If anyone can help make the file to be used or a better idea of all would appreciate it. I have been told that the file is 30F7F66D.FD for AMD and 30F7F66U. FD is for Intel, but I'm not sure because you should remove it and replace. I'm as well using unusual computer to download these documents and load thumb wheel. The dv4t-1400 does not begin at all.

Re: Which file to use for updating the BIOS on an HP dv4t-1400 with Intel Processor?

Also be aware that even if you locate the correct BIOS file, all personal information in the new BIOS chip is gone and a service of HP will have to enter it for you, for example, the UUID number, etc. no serial number that will receive a warning that all this has disappeared and you have to press enter to continue every time you start annoying. The HP recovery disk and not, that may or may not be a concern.

Re: Which file to use for updating the BIOS on an HP dv4t-1400 with Intel Processor?

Here is a method that worked to rescue a laptop running a HDX18 within the BIOS. Download the latest BIOS for this model. Save it to your desktop and use 7-Zip to "extract the files, when opened is a file name 3610F34.fd. Rename that file to 3610.BIN. Grab a USB flash drive 2 GB or lesser and must automatically be formatted with FAT32, when you copy and paste the new file name of the BIOS on the flash drive, safely eject the drive of your computer. In my brick HDX18. Remove the battery and the adapter and grip the power button for 30 seconds to do a hard reset.
    Plug the flash drive into a USB port on the left, hold down the "Windows" + "B" and holding it downward, plug the adapter. The laptop starts and should begin to sound and read the flash drive, release the keys and when finished the laptop off. Let stand for 3 minutes to boot into Windows.

In my brick HDX18. Carry off the battery and adapter and keep pressing the power button for 30 seconds to do a hard reset. Now plug the flash drive into a USB port and keep holding the "Windows" + "B" and holding it down, plug the adapter. The laptop starts and should begin to sound and read the flash drive, release the keys and when finished the laptop off. Let stand for 3 minutes to boot into Windows.

No, not at all. I took him to a thing called HP authorized service center before work and when I checked at the end of the day, the technician didn’t perform anything, I had to tell him he had to contact HP and use of this tool DMI Utility tattooing the board again, we even had all the information in the screenshot carefully printed by him. What I asked the incompetence of my new laptop and I said if you have something to call me I have not heard anything. There's nothing more annoying when someone is appointed to do a job and I have to tell you what to do can be very patient, but I have no patience for that.

The number of your motherboard should be in the RAM that plugs in. If you get another card system, which will succumb to the same problems of NVIDIA and if you can send this guy where you can adjust the flow welding or Reball the chip for a permanent solution. You can also set the video card in your old motherboard, but you have to send the whole thing in an HP authorized service center to have to go the lack of information on the BIOS chip. If you are in the U.S., then any Best Buy should be able to do this for you. The HP is called "DMI Utility." If the technician doesn’t have any idea what he is talking, then he is an idiot and should not be calling himself an HP technician.

The type of repair on e-bay, even have the usefulness of DMI, but even if it does, I have no plan how I could do to find the UUID number of the motherboard. I would think that HP only has this information on the number of notebook series, which is at the bottom of the machine. If it was my machine, just going to have another Motherboard, dealing with HP can be a real headache depends on how patient they are. Good luck. I also appreciate that you let me know how things go, has already helped me more than you think.