Thread: Unable to play some games in Dell Streak 2.2.2

Unable to play some games in Dell Streak 2.2.2

Hey guys, I am having Dell Streak from last 3 weeks and it is working very well. It is running Android 2.2 - FROYO operating system in it. All in all it is a good performer but the only issue in it is that it is not able to run few games in it. The game which I am trying to play is the NOVA 1. But I am unable to play the NOVA 1 game in it. This is not the only one, but there are many more which are not playable in the Dell Streak. Either the games won’t start at all or they will lag out sometimes while playing. Can anyone tell me what the issue with the device is?

Re: Unable to play some games in Dell Streak 2.2.2

It might be possible that there is not enough resources left with your mobile phone, that would support the normal functioning of the game in your Dell Streak. Many applications run in background even if you are not doing a thing in your Dell Streak. So, I would suggest you to use first make sure that enough of resource is available before you are starting with the play. You can check out the resource by viewing the phone status in the app called task manager. You can even delete the services and apps running in your device if you find them to be useless at that moment.

You should make sure that while you are playing the game, you have closed other services and applications like the music player, Internet browser, Wifi or Bluetooth as these are applications which utilize maximum amount of the device resources, thus making the system slow. Once you have achieved the following, start playing the game. You will yourself notice the difference in the performance of your mobile phone.

The issue might also arise if you have not installed the game in your dell Streak properly. It might be possible that either the game did not installed properly in your system, or the file which got installed got corrupted and that is why you are unable to play the game in your Dell Streak. I will recommend you to uninstall the game form your system and again reinstall the game properly in your system. During installation make sure that you have not come across any error message.

Make sure that you have downloaded the setup for the game from some trusted website. It might happen that the file that you are trying to download and install it in your system might not be compatible with the Dell streak and that is why you facing this issue. Also, it is highly possible that the game which you are trying to play need much more resources then your Dell Streak can actually provide. If the device doesn’t meets the system requirement for the game, it is for sure that the game wont get installed or won’t run in the Dell Streak.

You should update the firmware of your Dell Streak device. Search for the latest available update for the Dell Streak on Internet and download it in your system and then get the update installed in your Dell Streak. Installing the latest available update of your Dell Streak’s update with surely increase the performance and the result output of your Dell Streak. You can either search for the update on the official link of Dell or the official website for Android mobiles.

I feel that something must have gone wrong with the settings of Dell Streak which is why you are not able to run few games smoothly in the Dell Streak. So, I would suggest you to Reset your Dell Streak and roll back your device to its initial settings when the device was running very smoothly. You will just be requiring to perform Hard reset in your Streak. Ther are many threads already available where you will be getting step by step procedure to perform Hard reset in Dell Streak. Just click on the link to read the steps and perform as asked