Thread: Is there any way to disable the Quick Launch keys on HP G62 laptop?

Is there any way to disable the Quick Launch keys on HP G62 laptop?

By far the most irksome and frustrating problem with my new laptop HP G62 is the quick-launch buttons on the left side of the keyboard. Why would out new keys to the left of the normal, ctrl, shift, tab, etc. I cannot get used to it and ruin the full enjoyment of getting a new laptop. I feel like the trade again, if that's possible. For now I wonder if you can disable these keys. So at least not lose much time with stupid programs opening and blocking what he was doing. Why do you desire quick launch keys to these stuffs first: I tried to uninstall "HP Quick Launch Buttons", but not use it? The shortcut keys still worked after uninstall and reboot. Please help.

Re: Is there any way to disable the Quick Launch keys on HP G62 laptop?

The key feature of the action is facilitating at the factory. If you immobilize this feature in the configuration value, you have to press FN and an action button to trigger the assigned function (see the Configuration Utility (BIOS) ). I have this disability. It only does so I have to press the FN button to use the top function keys. It does nothing about the keys to the left. Thus I have been capable to disable some of the quick-launch buttons on the left with this program.

I've been struggling with this since I have the G62. I used that program to reallocate my email, browser and calculator buttons. I SharpKeys and this key map viewer little to look around and discovered that there is no key code is generated when you press the middle button. When you press the print key, only send the key combination "Ctrl-P", so I'm not sure how it would disable that as you do not want to reassign any key "ctrl" or "P".

Unless HP comes with an authorized tool, here's how to disable the button 'means'. Go to your PowerDVD8 folder in program files and rename PowerDVD8.exe PowerDVD8_orig.exe. Then in the Windows startup, relink PowerDVD8_orig.exe direct access so you can still run if desired. Now, I did not want the shortcut to the finish at all, so just create a new text file and renamed PowerDVD8.exe and dropped it in the folder PowerDVD8. Just be sure to change the new name earlier than doing this or you will remove the program. Arriving at the 'media' key, nothing happens. I hope this helps.

I found a way to switch on / off button on the left PowerDVD8! I searched the registry of "PowerDVD8.exe" text, and found something HotStartButtons, sounding applicable. He had seen so online. Application specific keys can only be linked to applications and also wake the PC to start the application quickly. In the case of G62, the "2" is to start the DVD software. You can open the Task Scheduler, go to Scheduled Tasks, and go to
    Task Scheduler Library \ Microsoft \ Windows \ MobilePC
    And final HotStart disable the task, which is responsible for mapping the key to the application. You can also either remove or change the key value in
    ApplicationPath HKLM \ System \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ MobilePC \ HotStartButtons \ 2.

I have one more model, but still have the keys to the left super irritating. I disabled nearly all of them with a simple registry edit. Look in the registry under
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Explorer \ AppKey
    There should be numerical subkeys of this, which correspond to different buttons. In each of these subkeys, there will be no association or ShellExecute values. If these cost are not exactly the name, it will not work, so I did what I renamed no.Association or no.ShellExecute values - right click on the price and click Rename.

Go to the start bar in Windows 7 and type “regedit” in run and push the enter button. If you’re unusual with the Windows registry then be alert, messing with values at this time can cause a bunch of errors. Navigate to the registry folder:
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AppKey
    In the folder you’ll see additional folders, the three we worry about are: 15 calls for the Association of mailto and so on. If you want to change them, simply modify the values inside each folder. Association will open the program that is attached to the protocol or file type. ShellExecute on the additional hand is the same as typing something into Run and pressing enter. An example: Let’s declare that you want the mail button to open Notepad: Go into the file nameg 15, rename “Association” to “ShellExecute”, and double click ShellExecute to modify the key’s data and enter “notepad.exe”, and return “mailto.” Want to disable a button? Presently clear out the ShellExecute or Association data. For the mail button you would click the Association and reinstate “mailto” with nothing.

dizyart Guest

I have a suitable solution:

simple exe file
    no registry changes
    no installation
    disables all (except DVD)
    you can still use them with AltGr + shorcut button

Please give feedback.