Thread: HP Pavilion dv7-3060us upgrade fails for recommended Support Assistant

HP Pavilion dv7-3060us upgrade fails for recommended Support Assistant

I have an HP Pavilion dv7-3060us with Win7 Home Premium 64-bit operating system. When the auxiliary support auto-started after installation, the error occurred 3 times. When you start the program manually the user account control pop. After authorizing the action, the above error occurs twice and "Error" appears on the top of the window of the assistant coach instead of "HP Support Assistant". The "Maintenance", "Troubleshooting," "Learning" and "Getting support" functions did not respond. Product name, serial number and product number each showed "Loading". The only functions that work is the setting, dialogue and support, minimize, maximize and close the window. I used the latter.

Re: HP Pavilion dv7-3060us upgrade fails for recommended Support Assistant

You may be experiencing trouble downloading the update from HPSA. You can download the web link below and install it will not generate an error: Although I am an HP employee, I am not an expert on all our products. When I offer advice, I'm not talking about HP. Make it easier for others to find solutions, marking my answer "Accept as solution" if it decipher the problem. I hope this helps you.

Now I have restored my laptop to a date just before accepting the technical assistance of HP Upgrade Assistant and now I'm using the "old" version. This version support assistant as before and works perfectly! I found that I was unable to use restore point option described above to return to a previous version so I did was uninstall Support Assistant and then go to HP site to reinstall. On this site you have the option to install older versions of auxiliary support, so I decided to install the initial version 4.0 and Support Assistant something has been operational ever since. I do however receive a message indicating frequent HP that I should upgrade to the newest driver, but I just overlook that message. I wonder why HP does not fix this problem, it seems strange.

It is always recommended to install the updates related to the preinstalled software and drivers. However, it is up to you to decide. Here is the list of patches and other updates that are included in the latest version of HP Support Assistant: Fixes a problem where a shortcut that is created may have no icon displayed in the taskbar, Microsoft Windows 7. Fixes an issue where the content or icons based on predefined HP Advisor are not shown because they have a name is case-sensitive content that is not compatible with the operating system. Fix links and references to web pages that point to the wrong language resources. Secure an problem that prevents the content is updated dynamically in the discovery of PC.

I had same trouble. I downloaded from the link (notebook) always and it took continuously to install! Over time, installed and rebooted my laptop. Upon restart I had the same error code! I restored my laptop to a point long before the new facility, but the new version was still there along with the error code! In desperation, I completely uninstalled HP Support Assistant, but when restarted, my laptop became very insensitive! I shut down my laptop down physically and restart I selected "Last acknowledged Good Configuration" and now everything works fine without the HP support assistant!

If you go to the HP download location you will see many updates that are accessible to assist support. 4.3.1.2 I installed after removing the latest version due to an error util.exe Support Assistant and then worked properly. As specified in my previous post, then against my enhanced decision uninstall that version and download the recommended version in this thread. After finding that is not installed, then I returned to the site and above the downloaded version 4.4.6.3 because it was only after the latest version 4.3.1.2 and was wondering if it would work also. And it has been working fine.

I recommend you to go to the Health Analysis Support Assistant and uncheck the default setting to allow HP to check for updates automatically and install them. I assumed that my firewall would need permission from me before allowing any changes. It proved to be an incorrect assumption and so I had to uninstall it again last inoperability HP Support Assistant installed again. Well you can try the same and I hope this helps you.