Thread: missing Coprocessor driver and Base System Device in Hp dv2500

missing Coprocessor driver and Base System Device in Hp dv2500

In my Hp dv2500 notebook I have recently installed windows 7. Originally I was having windows vista in my laptop but because of some virus issue I have installed windows 7. Now after installing windows 7 I am facing one problem with my laptop. Now in my device manager is saying that Base System Device and Coprocessor driver is missing please help me out to solve this issue.

Re: missing Coprocessor driver and Base System Device in Hp dv2500

According to me you can solve this problem by doing these steps. First you have to open my computer and after that you have to go to the device manager by going in to my computer properties. Now after that right click on the base system device and after that click on the update driver, now after that select the I have disk option and them insert the driver CD and after doing that it will install the required driver and your problem will get solved,

If you don’t get any help from above solution then I think you should try to solve the problem by removing all the drivers from your laptop and after that install the driver again in your laptop one by one. When you uninstall the driver after that you have delete all the temporary files from your laptop and then install the driver again. I hope after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

I have tried to solve this problem by going in to the device manager and after that updating the driver of Coprocessor driver and Base System Device bit after doing that when I restart the laptop at that time I get the same problem. Now after that I have also tried to solve this problem by reinstalling all the divers in my laptop but that solution didn’t make any difference. Now please suggest me some solution regarding this. I am waiting for your reply.

As far as I know this type of problems normally occurs due to driver incompatibly with your operating system. As you have said that originally your laptop was having windows vista and after that you have installed windows 7 in your laptop that is why I would like to tell you that you should first download windows 7 supported driver in your laptop and after that install it in your laptop. Now after doing that you will not get this problem in your laptop. if you need any more help then let me know.

It looks like there might be something wrong with your operating system. I think some of your system files has damaged which is causing this problem and I think you should try to solve this problem repairing your operating system. I was getting the similar problem in my HP laptop and after that I have fixed this issue by doing this solution and that is why I am suggesting you this solution. I hope after doing this you will not get this issue in your laptop.

I have repaired my operating system after reading your post but after repairing the operating system also I am still facing the same issue in my laptop. Now after that I have tried solve this problem by installing fresh copy of windows 7 in my laptop and after doing that I am not facing any issue with my laptop. Now in my device manager it is not showing any missing driver. Thank you so much for helping me and giving me useful information.