Thread: Need compatible driver for ati mobility radeon HD 5470 in HP G42-360TX notebook

Need compatible driver for ati mobility radeon HD 5470 in HP G42-360TX notebook

I am using HP G42-360TX notebook and I was using windows vista in my laptop and after that I have upgraded my operating system with windows 7. Now after installing windows 7 I am facing one issue with my laptop. I am having problem with my VGA driver and display. In my laptop I have ATI radeon HD 5470 1GB graphic card. Now please tell what is wrong my laptop? Is there any issue with my driver? Please help me out with this.

Re: Need compatible driver for ati mobility radeon HD 5470 in HP G42-360TX notebook

I have gone through your issue and I think you should try to solve this problem by reinstalling the graphic driver in your HP G42-360TX laptop. First you have to remove the driver which you have currently installed in your laptop and after that you have to restart your HP G42-360TX laptop. Now after doing that inserts the driver CD in your laptop and install the driver again. Now after doing that you will not find any problem with your VGA driver and display.

Re: Need compatible driver for ati mobility radeon HD 5470 in HP G42-360TX notebook

It looks like the driver which you have installed in your laptop is not compatible with your laptop and I think you have to fist download the driver from internet which is compatible with the operating system which you are using in your laptop. First download that driver and after that install that in your laptop and after that check whether same problem is coming or not. I think after doing that you will not get any issue in your HP G42-360TX laptop.

Well I have read your post and after that I have tried to solve my problem by reinstalling my graphic driver from driver CD and after that when I restart the laptop at that time I get the same problem with my display. Now after trying that I have tried to search windows 7 compatible driver but I am not able to find it. Please tell me where I can find compatible drivers?

If you want to download windows 7 compatible drivers then you can download it by clicking here DRIVER DOWNLOAD. Now after clicking on this link you will see the option for called select operating system. Now you have to first select your operating system and after that download the driver and after downloading that install it in your system. I hope after doing that you will not get any issue,

As far as whenever you install any new operating system in you laptop at that time you have to first install the chipset driver and after that installing that driver you have to restart the laptop. now after restarting the laptop you have to install the graphic driver. There was similar problem occurred in my laptop and after that I have tried this solution and my problem get solved. I think you should also try this solution.

First I have downloaded the windows 7 compatible drivers in my laptop and after that I have installed in my laptop but after that also I was facing the same problem in my laptop. now after that I have read above post and then I have removed the all the driver and installed my chipset drivers and after that o have restart the laptop. After restarting the laptop I have installed my graphic driver and after that I didn’t find any issue with my display. Thank you for helping me.