Thread: Startup error:”No bootable device insert boot disc “on HP Pavilion laptop

Startup error:”No bootable device insert boot disc “on HP Pavilion laptop

Whenever I start my HP Pavilion laptop I am getting a error on the screen. It gives a error message sayings No bootable device -- insert a boot disk and press any key. What does this means. I am not having any separate bootable device. It has Windows XP in and many of my important data is copied in the second partition. I am bit worried if they are all deleted.

It happens sometime when the default bootable media is changed. After installing windows the same is hooked on the hard drive. Where your windows is installed. So just go in BIOS. You have to set the bootable media on hard drive. This will resolve the issue. You can also select load optimized default and hit enter. This will restore the original settings and will help your system to boot.

If it was a desktop then it will be more easier to resolve the problem. All you have to do is just check the cables. But in a laptop it is complicated what is causing issue. You have to see the bios settings first. If that does not work then there are chances that the hard drive is damage. You can use a bootable disc. Boot your system with that and try to navigate in the internal folders of your system hard drive. If it is detected you can backup your data and carry the system to service center.