Thread: Settings regarding Sony NEX-5 HDR

Settings regarding Sony NEX-5 HDR

Hi I own a sony NEX – 5 HDR and in that I want to make some changes in the settings, like in that there is a the automatic bracketing feature, in that at present I can capture simply 3 pictures in a sequence of shot, so my question is like Is there any way to enhance the quantity of pictures in the series of exposures? If yes then I would like if someone help me this as I am very curious about this and want to know about this. Thanks in advanced.

Re: Settings regarding Sony NEX-5 HDR

As the extent to I know there isn’t any such setting through which we can set the number of images while capturing automatically, but yeah the same thing that you can do if you capture it manually, I mean to say if you do it manually then you can take 9 individual pictures with varying EV settings. but If you just want to take it automatically then with no other option you must have to capture only 3 images at a time, because there is no such settings in the model.

Let me tell you first of that currently there is no such camera that you’ll get in the marketplace with the function that you are expecting. So in other words there is no any model that can capture beyond 3 images at a time, and together with that a ‘0.3ev change per shot’ setting will not provide the result that you’re expecting, and for that according to me ‘1.0 per shot’ would be required. And if you are willing to have another camera that you should get A800 and A900 series camera because in that you’ll get the vigorous bracketing practice

The function that you are talking about is very practical alternative for capturing HDR scenes but though, automatic Exposure Bracketing (AEB) was not actually planned for HDR shot originally, but rather for making sure that at least single shots will be as close to completely exposed as possible. And because of that only a number of camera models make it possible to automatic bracket 3 shots at a greatest of one EV step differentiation or even less, so according to me you should have either different camera, and there are lots more model that you can get for this purpose.

See according to me you should get Canon 1D MK III, because in this you’ll get that functionality, but the picture quantity is still the same I think, but the improvement is done in the maximum burst rate which is more important while taking the image, and in this you’ll get the 10 FPS, which is quite good enough for shooting, because if you compare other models with this, most of them are giving lesser than these and some are same as this.