Thread: Unable to install Nvidia driver on in Debian 6 squeeze

Unable to install Nvidia driver on in Debian 6 squeeze

Hello everyone, sorry for disturbing you all, I had just recently bought Nvidia driver from the website. And while it on my system I use to get a message constantly just after inserting “sh ./NVIDIA-[TAB]” and show the notification that Nouveau driver is still running. And not finding anyway to get of this and no trick to disable it too, then there's no binutils, no MAKE, GCC is wrong, etc, and all this problem I used to get while the installation of driver. And while Nouveau even not working properly with dual monitor and with 16.9 monitor and it use to be indistinct. So shall I opt for Debian 6? Just help me make the whole problem clear and provide with feasible solutions. Thanks in the advance.

Re: Unable to install Nvidia driver on in Debian 6 squeeze

And while addition with Nvidia driver and with Vesa and Debian is consist also of a driver that starts with squeeze and while Nouveau drivers are reverse-engineered and also for the NVIDIA cards. And those’s why these drivers are only experimental and are not suggested till the time you have any problem with Nvidia drivers and does not have any desire for using Nvidia drivers and while using Nouveau drivers and then the kernel version and then libdrm version require to match. And the normal installation use to take place in this way:
    Code:
    # apt-get install xserver-xorg-video-nouveau

As while installing driver many time due to even a little bit mistake you don’t able to install the driver properly. As Debian usually have 3 drivers that you can for free that are compatible Nvidia cards. And the vesa driver is standard video driver. And the Nvidia driver normal provide good results and the Nvidia driver don’t longer packaged starts with winded and you will able to view that which is operating at the moment. And it not much tougher for changing configuration in any of the free drivers.

While using the Nvidia drivers, you will also able to install using Nvidia’s official installer or the Debian driver packages and as there are many methods for installing driver and each one have it own advantages but as compare with other than the Debian way is much easier, as while building a module driver not automatically as the Debian way is consider as more consistent and will secure that for longer time and nothing will help then the troubleshooting will surely helps you.

At the time when I had tried to install Debian driver on my system I got nothing problem while downloading and finding it but when I had tried install Ati driver and after some hours when I again tried, I use to get direct straight back to Ubuntu. And after that I had tired and learn different way to learn method of installing and finding all the method to tough, does any know much better way and the simple one for the installation process.

I had begin with knoppix and also I am thinking that you are going with some wrong methods for installation, as in my knowledge Debian use to auto detect and work just fine, so if you have any trouble for installing driver so first uninstall it complete and clean all the remaining file and install it again just after uninstall and remove all previous file and with next boot up start the installation, and while work is in progress avoid running any else program during installation

As you can find Debian as more compatible and have certain advantages for using it like that it use to perform many task with any human intervention and it will operate only when the kernel has been changed and can utilize Debian package management tools as it is a cleaner and some goes wrong or error happen after using Debian method that means that there are some error and you can able to report a bug using BTS and no requirement of downloading files from Nvidia official website, as Debian package already equipped with all necessary material.