Thread: How to disable pre-flash in Sony Alpha SLT-A55 digital camera

How to disable pre-flash in Sony Alpha SLT-A55 digital camera

I just got a new Sony Alpha SLT-A55 digital camera, so I am very new to this digital camera and need some guidance regarding the same. Shooting videos and pictures is fine with the camera, except when I'm taking pictures of people using the flash. This camera has a pre-flash which happened to occur just a fraction of a second before taking or clicking the actually photo. This is causing all the people in the picture being clicked with their eyes closed or either in the middle of a blink during the shot.

Re: How to disable pre-flash in Sony Alpha SLT-A55 digital camera

I suggest you go to your camera’s settings and check out for any option which you find to be related to the pre-flashing or flashing of your Sony Alpha SLT-A55 digital camera. You need to change the configuration of the digital camera to something which will disable the following feature which is causing this pre-flashing issue. I also have a digital camera but I have not noticed anything like this. I think someone might changed your settings. Change your digital camera’s setting to its default, when you had purchased your camera and see if the issue gets solved or not.

You can solve the problem by restoring your digital camera to its original configuration i.e. the factory setting of your camera. You can reconfigure the camera and its settings, simply by using the RESET button found on all digital cameras. Locate the reset button on the camera and press and hold it for few seconds to reset the camera. Normally, the reset button is small and requires a sharp object to press. Once you have found the reset button, press it to reset your camera and its settings.

According to me the main reason behind the occurrence of this issue is an older version of firmware installed in your camera. So, you need to update the following to the latest available version of firmware for your Sony Alpha SLT-A55 digital camera. The firmware update will ensure that the device works well and gives a smooth performance to the user. You can search the available Sony Alpha SLT-A55 digital camera on the Internet and download the firmware update in your laptop and then install it on your digital camera. One should never download the setup file from any untrusted website.

I recommend you take a look at the manual of your Sony Alpha SLT-A55 digital camera. You must have received the same along with your camera. Take a look in the manual and check how to change the camera settings to their default settings or what should you do in order to change the flash settings. The manual or the hand-book of your Sony Alpha SLT-A55 digital camera will surely guide you in solving many of your issues as well as changing your settings.

The issue is occurring because the digital camera is using the red-eye reduction in it. The red-eye reduction features help to reduce the red-eye occurrence while you are clicking an image. This is made possible by providing pre-flash just a fraction of seconds before you are capturing any picture when using the Flash. Click the MENU button and then click on the Red Eye Reduction option in your display screen to enable and disable the Red Eye Reduction property.

Hey guys, thank you for the fast replies. It was really kind of you guys to spend some of your time on reading my issue and typing in the entire suggestion. It really feels good to know that many good people like you guys are still available. For me, the last suggestion worked and solved my issue. I searched for settings and found the option to disable the Red-eye Reduction property in my camera, but I feel it was better to have the feature ON as it reduced the redness of eye of person in the picture to considerable amount.