Thread: Copying text from email in Samsung galaxy S2?

Copying text from email in Samsung galaxy S2?

I have noticed that I am unable to copy text from the email in Samsung Galaxy S2? Actually I got an email from my friend and I was using an Gmail application to read it and while I thought to select it and scroll it down so that I could copy them but I wasn’t able to scroll down, please guys please help me may be I am missing something important but I want to fix this please someone help me out?

Re: Copying text from email in Samsung galaxy S2?

Well I think this has been a problem In the android phone I have been searching for it and I found somewhere that this has been a biggest drawback and this would be fixed in the upcoming model’s, I have also found that HTC have solved the problem for their mobile but it’s still unsolved for Samsung and other android smart phone’s so I think right now you don’t have anything to solve it right now but you would be getting some application sooner I think.

This can be solved only by using the browser instead of the Gmail application. Open your browser to mail.google.com. Open the email via the browser. When you have a free press email on the menu button and then tap more and press the option Select Text. You can then use your finger to drag across the section to highlight and when released, the text is copied to the clipboard to paste it wherever you need to paste that. Note that once you're in "Select Text" mode, the screen scrolls. So make sure all the text you need to copy is visible or not be able to select.

To use the default browser you need to keep the screen in a word. You will notice that you get a kind of magnifying glass just over the screen. if you would release it while the word will get an option as shown in the screenshot to the right. and if your continue to stretch the mark apart that you can copy much more text context, yes this method is a bit slow process but it won’t take much long time then dragging the multiple words. Using the default browser would be really very difficult to do this entire thing. So it is recommended to use some other browser for such process.