Thread: Tethering in Motorola defy

Tethering in Motorola defy

Has anyone of you already tried out the tethering? I tried it on the weekend, but says there is no tethering 3G Mobile Hotspot-enabled APN would be available. According to network operators but all APNs are unlocked for tethering. Is this a general problem with the Defy, or is it still on the network provider? So please help me in this case and let me know what i can do to get rid of the issue and able to tether the phone.

Re: Tethering in Motorola defy

I know that there should be named instructions such as n is SimLock. I would never make something like course but wanted to seek your advice what I do best return and each other, then that 20 - 30e is now more expensive or should I try to use it. Sure I am, however, that the lack of information on Edge and HSPA are simply wrong. Since you can switch between the 2G and 3G Defy beautiful, can I have granted me the fun times and fired up the speed test. When I came 2G, according to speed test at around 350kbit, on 3G, I received different values, depending on network load, between 2.5 Mbps to 6.2 Mbps.

Did the supplied tether yet been tested. Mostly use the WiFi tether from the Market. Runs great. Without problems and stable. Several hundred megabytes already But the app but needs root gibts so well in the Market I also had water in them under the display and in the whole cell phone. I attach a screen protector with water in the basin, has also worked what, but I then noticed that the lock is the risen battery cover it the device was turned off to the show though.

I have succeeded, I have just set up tethering with available materials i.e without root and without or other third party software via WLAN and Bluetooth. Since I have read in recent days been very helpful, I will also return what the settings. I have the cell phone for days to dry and leave open the well went away then turned on cell phone, had a strange LED blinker and the display is shod resist. Handy identified and an infrared lamp placed in front. Such a lamp that you used to irradiate the body to make, good move for As far as I can tell everything is under the display off and the cell phone works perfectly again. Oven, microwave and the like I would avoid infrared lamp is recommended, because the cell phone controlled warm up, by the distance to the lamp to regulate the well.

I think the settings for most providers but similar or be adaptable. Incidentally, I have before buying demand in an Orange shop, whether my data package 1GB can also be used for tethering and must not: according to information from the very competent yes, no problem, only Orange has special rules for iPhone. In addition to the existing APNs for web (web.one.at) and another APN mms must be set up under Home> Menu> Settings> Wireless & Networking> Mobile Networks> Access Points.

Select after setting up the APN under Home> Menu> Settings> Wireless & Networking> Mobile Networks> Internet Tethering. It is a short info box. If something does not fit the APN to the info box an error message that just one Tethering APN is missing. Screen is not displayed; this is already a good sign. Enable Bluetooth and make under Home> Menu> Settings> Wireless & Networking> Bluetooth Settings to Defy the visible attention, time countdown, go so fast. Then on the laptop in the Bluetooth context menu on "Join a personal network" and then possibly even go to "Add Device". Pairing perform with confirmation code.

The Defy should then be listed as MB525 with the Bluetooth devices, and is recognized as "standard modem. And now comes the kicker We have now that is no Internet, but must first establish a dialup connection. Right click on the MB525 - dial-up networking - to create dialup connection. You must then enter: Phone number: * 99 # Then it goes to connect - the computer around a bit, and you're on the Internet! I hope at least, for me it worked