Thread: Zoom and auto shutoff of Sony Cybershot DSC-w310 is not working

Zoom and auto shutoff of Sony Cybershot DSC-w310 is not working

Hello friends. Please someone kindly help me solving my problem. I am really annoyed with this problem which I am facing with my five month old Sony Cybershot DSC-w310 digital camera. Recently I have noticed that the Zoon and the auto shutoff feature of my digital camera are not working at all. I am really irritated with this. Can anyone tell me what must have caused the issue in my camera? In what possible way I can solve the issue? Thank you in advance.

Re: Zoom and auto shutoff of Sony Cybershot DSC-w310 is not working

I think there is an issue with the settings of your mobile or with the firmware which is installed in your Camera. So, according to me, you need to rest your camera to its factory settings which was available in your camera at the time of purchase and when your camera was working perfectly fine. Make sure that you have removed your Memory card from your Digital camera when you are doing reset of your Camera. Also remember that all your settings will be removed once the process gets completed.

You can change solve your issue by resetting your digital camera. You can re-configure the camera and its settings by simply using the RESET button which you will find in every digital camera. You need to locate the reset button on the camera and press it inorder to reset your camera. Typically, the reset button is small and requires a sharp object to press. Once you have found the reset button, press and hold for few seconds. This will reset the camera.

You can restore the camera settings by performing reset power in your digital camera.
    • Turn the camera off
    • unplug the AC adapter if connected
    • Remove the battery from your camera.
    • Press and hold the Power On/Off button for 10-15 seconds
    • Reinsert the battery and start your camera.

Thanks for the rapid response. It was very kind of your people to spend some of your precious time in reading my query and typing in your suggestion, which you feel would work for me. I really appreciate the effort. But unfortunately nothing is solving my issue. I reset my camera but nothing seems to be changing. The Zoom is still the same, not working. Can anyone give me more suggestion to get out of the problem? Please help me and feel free to post your replies.

I think there is some hardware issue in your Sony Cybershot DSC-w310 digital camera which has completely disabled the zoom and auto shutoff feature. So, in this case you will have to submit your digital camera to the nearest Sony Store where you can take help from the officials of Sony and the technical staff present there in the Sony Store. They will be able to help you in the nest possible way. Also, as your device is just few months old, you can avail the advantage of warranty also.

According to me this problem is happening because the firmware of your Sony Cybershot DSC-w310 digital camera is old and it is in very urgent need of updating. The firmware update will ensure that the device works efficiently and gives potential problems for the user. You can search and download the available updates for your digital camera’s Firmware from Internet on your computer system and install it on your camcorder. Also I would like you to remember that the downloading of update is taking place from trusted website and not any corrupt one.

The problem which you are facing seems to be something with the internal circuit of the hardware of your Sony Cybershot DSC-w310 digital camera. So in this case, no one other then the technically sound person who is even good with the hardware will be able to help you solve your issue. As your camera is of Sony, I would suggest you to contact the visit the official website of Sony and then go to its Contact us link. Here you will be finding different contact numbers and email IDs by which you can directly take assistance from the Sony officials.