Thread: USB Problem

USB Problem

Dear Sir,

I have Kingston Data Traveler G2 (4GB).
    1= When I copy some data on it then error appear picture Error 1
    2= When I Want to eject this disk from my PC then error appear Pic error 2

I have complete check both error messages solution but it vain. this disk working fine on other computers.
    problem exactly with my PC. please advice

Please check attach pictures
    Window seven 32bit
    optiplex 380 Dell
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: USB Problem

There are several reason for getting this error message which is not allowing then functionality with the USB. The most common reason for getting this error is nothing but the Virus. First this you have to follow is to check whether you device is got infected with the virus or not. Run an Antivirus Program which is updated with the latest Virus Definition.

Secondly i will suggest you to get into the Registry Editor Window from the Start> Run> Type regedit and hit enter. Now navigate "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\" and find the "StorageDevicePolicies" sub name in it. If it is not there then we have to create new. Right Click on "Control" and select New> Key and name it "StorageDevicePolicies". Now Right Click on "StorageDevicePolicies" and select New> DWORD value and name it as "WriteProtect". Now Modify this DWORD value by '0'. So if you can then follow these step and let m,e know whether this is working for you or not.

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your procedure. I follow to that procedure then my USB working was very well but after 4 to 5 hrs when I insert again this USB in my pc usb port then attach picture error appering and usb not working
    Attached Images Attached Images

There is some bug in your USB drive and that is the reason that you are facing the problem like this. There is software as “unlocker”. Just search for this and download that. Install that in your computer. After that, right click on G: drive (that is your USB drive). Now you will see one more option as unlocker. Select that option and that will show you the processes which are creating the problem. Select that process and kill that. After doing that, try to format the drive and this time you will not get any problem like this.

You can try to format the drive to some other file system first like NTFS and then format it to the FAT system. As in my case, formatting the drive second time didn’t result in any conflict, so you can format the drive one more time to see what happens. Alternately you can also format the drive from the “Disk Management” tool. Run diskmgmt.msc in the run box and format the drive from there. Read some suggestions given in similar kind of threads here - Windows unable to format pen drive
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Dear Sir,

I have tried both procedure as you said but I think my usb has expire

Is your usb drive working properly in other pc's? If so then it might be a problem with usb ports in the pc, but if the usb drive isnt working on other pc's then it sure seems to be an issue with the usb drive itself. By the way, how old is your usb drive, if it is under warranty then try to get a replacement for same. Usb drives hardly are price bearable and anyone can afford it now a days.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's