Thread: No ringtone and SMS icon in nokia E5

No ringtone and SMS icon in nokia E5

Hi guys I have purchased Nokia E5 mobile and my mobile was working fine. From last some days my mobile has started giving me some problems. Now whenever I receive any message in my mobile at that time I am not having message ringtone or SMS icon on my screen. Now please tell me what I should do to solve this issue. is there any way to fix this then please let me know. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: No ringtone and SMS icon in nokia E5

According to me first of all you should try to solve this problem by doing restore factory setting in you mobile phone and after that check whether same problem is coming or not. First try to solve this problem by doing soft reset in your mobile phone and if that idea does not work then try to solve the problem by doing hard resetting your mobile. I hope after doing that you r problem will get solved easily.

Well I have gone through your above post and after that I have tried to solve the problem by doing soft reset in my Nokia E5 and after that when I check my mobile at that time I get the same problem. I have also tried to fix this issue by doing hard reset in my mobile also but it end up with the same issue. Now I don’t know what is wrong with my mobile and it is really frustrating for me. Please help me to solve this problem.

As far as I know you can solve this issue by doing mobile software update in your Nokia E5. If you want to do software update in your Nokia E5 then I think you have to first download the Nokia software updater in your computer or laptop from official site of the Nokia and after that you have to connect your mobile with your computer or laptop and update the software. I hope after doing this your problem will get solved.

Thank you so much friends for helping me and giving me all useful information. After reading your post I have downloaded Nokia software updater in my laptop and then I have installed that in my laptop and after that I have done software update. After doing the software update in my mobile all problems are gone. Now my mobile is working absolutely fine. I really appreciate your help.