Thread: Can we add radiator to alienware aurora ALX

Can we add radiator to alienware aurora ALX

Hi, I have decided to make some changes in my personal computer RIG, I have alienware aurora ALX’s, and want to add radiator in the machine, so just for confirmation I want to know that can we add it or not? Because nowadays the machine gets overheated after using it for some time, and this is pretty worrying thing, and thus I want more beefier water-cooling system, my question is like am I doing right thing or should I do anything else?

Re: Can we add radiator to alienware aurora ALX

Let me ask you first that is your PC out of warranty? If yes then off course with no issue you can put the radiator anywhere, but still there are too many other option that you can have for these, so I would recommend you to use that only rather than the radiator, because see if you have warranty period left then you’ll void It for sure, so why to do that, in fact you can complain this to dell, I mean to say for overheating.

Yeah this is good idea as you have decided to put this radiator in your machine, but before that I would say you should try with the thermal compound for your PC, because that is cheaper than this, and the most convenient material for avoiding overheating, but if suppose it didn’t work as you have expected then surely you’ll have this option, then you can try this one also, but first try the one that I have mentioned.

According to me you can control this CPU temperature on your own also, I mean to say by taking some proper steps you can handle it also, without adding any such material in that, like while playing the game you should close all other programs because it utilizes too much COU and it leads to overheat the machine, so if whenever you run any such application you shouldn’t use any other program with that, then always keep the machine in good ventilated place, so it will heat that much.

Yeah off course you can put the radiator in your machine, but if suppose you have the machine in the warranty period then first of all you should contact the dell for this before doing anything on your own, because if you don’t have proper idea about that so it may cause any problems also, either you must do it under the superior guidance. You can do it to any specialized technician also.

I am not agree to put this on the machine that you have because rather than that you can have multiple option, and the one that you are looking for, that you can try after every possibility, because according to me no need to use any such directly, before that you should try to use some other, such as change the CPU fan also for that and install some other fans also in the case, this will surely help you.

See my recommendation is quite similar with the above user, but meet some of the need that you have mentioned like you should install radiator also in the machine but after that you should relapse the back exhaust fan thus it draws cold air from the outer side. And together with that you should also mount more than one exhaust fans at the top of the case, so it will help the radiator also, it will reduce the burden on the radiator. Most of the time due to the GPU only temperature goes high so according to me you should mount fan on that only, if that doesn’t work than you should mount another fans.