Thread: Best Android widgets which iPhone users will miss

Best Android widgets which iPhone users will miss

Hey guys, I recently purchased Samsung galaxy Ace mobile phone which is running Android 2.2 Froyo Operating system in it. And I have got few friends who are Apple iPhone users. So, there is always a healthy debate going on between we guys on which is better, Android or iPhone. So I wanted to know plus points about the Android. So, can anyone suggest me few Android Widgets which iPhone users will definitely miss in their phones? If anyone is having any kind of information on this topic then please feel free to reply and help me.

Re: Best Android widgets which iPhone users will miss

One of the best features which will always keep Android on the upper hand than the iPhone is the advantage of having widgets. Widgets are very precious as they will provide the user with different types of information and shortcuts to access different applications installed in your mobile phone and the configuration settings of your mobile. You can search for different widgets for your Android mobile in the Android Market. There are many apps and widgets which are available for free.

Following are few widgets which I have come across in recent times in The Android Market:
    Extended Controls
    Android includes a "power control" widget which makes it possible for the user to quickly change GPS, Bluetooth, intensity, and other settings. However, the "extended control" widget lets the user to create customized version of power control by allowing the user to add many more toggle options.
    Battery Watcher
    This widget provides a visual about the remaining/used battery percentage. As the Android user is not allowed to add the percentage of battery to the notification icon, this widget can prove to be very helpful.
    Picture Dial
    It is a smart dialing application which makes it possible for the user to configure his most important and frequently-dialed people. You can also load many widgets on the same page. The default setting is that you select a contact and then assign phone, text or e-mail to the speed dial.

I would suggest you to try out the following few widgets which I am using in my Android 2.2 Froyo running mobile phone.
    • Analytics Widget - to track Web site traffic.
    • 3G Watchdog - to track bandwidth usage in your mobile.
    • System Info – provides information on the battery life, over-heating and memory space in your phone.
    • Pure Calendar - detailed and customizable calendar
    • Pure Messenger - swift glance at your inbox and combine SMS message, and Facebook mail.

These are few widgets which you will definitely like to have in your Android mobile phone.
    1. Buzzbox- Allows the user to have a quick view at the news.
    2. SMS Unread Count - Shows the number of unread messages you have in your mobile phone.
    3. Last Call – will show a list of your last call, which makes it simple to redial or to call back a missed call.
    4. FlightView - a handy widget for travelers. You can enter airline and flight number into this app and it will track it for you.

You can also give the following a shot as they are also amazingly good.
    • facebook
    • Twitter
    • Scoreboard – keep a track of the users favorite sports team.
    • Pandora for streaming “radio station” on internet.
    • Task Killers – to kill any app or task.
    • slacker radio(app/widget)

The best advantage of most of the apps and widgets available for Android mobile phones is that they are available both in free version as well as paid version. You can get any Android apps or widgets form the Android market. Just visit the android market for your mobile phone and install any desired apps or widgets of your choice in your Android mobile phone. Just make sure that you have got a good internet connection in your mobile phone.