Thread: How to use android/ droid device for bluetooh printing

How to use android/ droid device for bluetooh printing

Hi I am student of b.tech. Just attempting to find bearing on this project I am working on for Android or Droid devices. I am about prepared to launch a beta check for a printing service in a week or two and was surprising if a Bluetooth printing service would interest anyone. Mostly it will print from various standard PIM applications on the device printing Text and Graphics on Full-Size HP-PCL well-matched printers as fine Small Format ESC/POS mobile printers. Musical sound in and let me know your thoughts.

re: How to use android/ droid device for bluetooh printing

I assume I was incorrect. There is a good amount of interest in printing from Android or Droid devices. I cannot speak that I will be capable to meet all your printing supplies. There is a lot needy on applications making their data presented to 3rd party applications. As for Wi-Fi, this is a choice that can be seen at. Of course after the Bluetooth version has been corrected and launched. Ok that’s why I will want to find on it. The holidays are exact around the place that’s why I assume I will be eating my holiday foods in front of my system. I will let you all know once I have something that is practical. Thanks to all for your response.

I consider I was bewildered and did not know where you were coming from here. I feel you are looking at this from the point of view of someone coming into an unidentified atmosphere and getting a printer to print to. I might be incorrect, but I think that mmgtony android (and I) is coming from the viewpoint that you are carrying a Bluetooth printer around with you. Approved, not so many people are doing that, but this would open the door for more people to do so.

We can forever utilize more printing capacities. Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, absolutely. What would actually be good is the capability to join to IPP through any networking interface (I am thinking CUPS under Linux). Your keyboard application fixed with the capability to print what one writes would almost get rid of the want to carry a laptop. By all means, I would purchase such an application. Now if a web browser would only maintain printing. So at once you should do this.

The plan is to have this impression of the application / driver to work with HP-PCL printers as well as ESC / POS. However I cannot say how much HP-PCL will be supported. Plain text and graphics printing is easy, but making WYSIWYG printing documents will be the most difficult and depends on the application running on the device to the available data and document processing API. First things first get the simple text document (i.e., mail, notes, etc.) and printing graphics documents. I am currently printing a proof text and image data and am already working very well. Now that the interface to take out plain text documents and graphic documents for different applications. This will acquire some time for different applications. And no want to load anything on your computer or laptop. The merely requirement is that your printer sustains Bluetooth. For network printers I cannot say. We will observe when we find there.

I have registered for these forums completely to post in this thread and ask you for this app! This is exactly what I'm waiting! I have an HP H470wbt, and so far the best I could do is use the application called "Bluetooth File Transfer" to push an image to via OBEX Push. That's less than ideal. My ultimate goal is to utilize this in my work. I do at home and maintain to small high-tech business, and I love to bring my online billing program, create an invoice, save the PDF on my phone, and print on my HP printer. That would be awesome. Please post here when you have this application work. I would pay for such application. Without a doubt.

Re: How to use android/ droid device for bluetooh printing

I have to say that this is a great idea for an application. But here is my concern: having to be separately configured for every printer on every network only appears complicated. Personally, if I have to write something, I'm on a computer that is connected to a local printer. I am having a hard time thinking of a situation where you need to print something from my phone which would not be in a computer. Maybe if I am in a meeting with a client might want to print an email that comes at once, but again, it would be a long time to set up a printer utilizing the present techniques for these applications just to get something to print. Now I can see the use if I want to print something from the Google cloud, but again, I am probably in an office I am not familiar with, and do not know which printer to utilize, will not have time to set up, and so on. Not to sound negative. I just want to give some constructive end user information from someone who really wants to use this service.